Another Newbie

I have only recently joined and would like to introduce myself. I live in the UK and have been a massive GT40 fan since I was a young boy. (A bit older now, born in 1966, but still think I am 25 in my head ) In my humble opinion no other car gives such a raw driving experience linked with such a rich history. After following GT40s.com for quite some time I have been blown away with the depth of knowledge and skills of the members here. Really pleased to be a part of this community - Thank you.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40S Rob. As you say, there is a vast amount of knowledge on this forum. I think your best bet is to also join the UK club as they seem to have a big following and a bunch of members on here.
Enjoy the forum.

Regards Brian

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Robbie and welcome. It would be useful to post your location so we can direct you to your nearest group of the GT40 Enthusiasts Club.
Cheers
Mike

Hello Mike, yes I should have been more specific on location in my introduction. I live in Pembrokeshire in South West Wales at the most western point, 110 miles west of Cardiff, any further and you're in the sea. A long way from anywhere really, especially when it comes to GT40 events. I should have also mentioned that I have a Mk1 Superformance GT40.
Thank you.
Rob.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Robbie

you would be surprised how many are around!

I moved to Edinburgh and within 50 miles know of 4!
ian

Hello Dave,
Thank you for your welcome. My SPF GT40 is fantastic. I am totally absorbed in the driving and ownership experience. I am currently carrying out some work on it so I have taken it off the road early for the Winter. I have had a couple of issues with it but for me sorting these out is part of the GT40 ownership experience. What I wasn't prepared for is the amount of attention it gets when I am out in it from people who want to talk to me about it or want their photo taken next to it. Amazing!
Cheers,
Robbie.

Back