Any Morris Minor Woody Station Wagon Fans?

Can anyone on the forum suggest where I can get a 1952 Morris Minor Woody Station Wagon apraised and sold? I have found lots of Morris fans in the U.K. but no obvious groups in the U.S.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Bob

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Bob

Have you asked the question on the Morris Minor Owners Club site?
The Morris Minor Owners Club

They seem to have some "international" members who may be interested.

That said I'd love to see some pics - first car of mine was a 1950 Morris Monor (small headlight one) and that was from the second year of production. So a 1952 car / woody would be great!

Cheers
Ian

The car is a major restoration project that is owned by my ex-racer business partner in Arizona. It was purchased in the early 70’s with the idea of dropping in a twin cam Lotus and transmission. It just never happened and now the car needs to be saved. It is missing the engine and transmission but otherwise has all the body work, most other parts, and all the glass intact. The side panel woodwork is too old to reuse.

I will follow up on Ian’s suggestion and will put Dean in touch with the owner. If you have an interest drop me an email and I will pass it on to the owner.

Thanks for the suggestions guys,

Bob

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I think I would be correct in saying the engine should be the 850 890 cc side valve one and the gearbox the one with the long gear shift lever berore they changed to the one that exits further rearwards for the upright lever.

That said the A series engine is a much better unit and coupled with the later gearbox a more drivable option.

The A series is also seriously tunable if that is your route!

I also know the timbers are still obtainable for these - but not seen prices for ages

Ian

Back