Any SL-C in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi come across this forum looking for more info on the slc.
Anyway, i was wandering if there are any SLC’s in the UK, as I would like to take a closer look without travelling to the US!
:thumbsup:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Erd,
we have an offer of $500 credit towards your international flight once a purchase is made...contact me directly for details.
There is only one way to check the SLC out...in multiples at the factory...lots to see.

Erd,
we have an offer of $500 credit towards your international flight once a purchase is made...contact me directly for details.
There is only one way to check the SLC out...in multiples at the factory...lots to see.

Il remember that Frans and my compliments on the look of the SL-C, its much nice then anything i have seen:thumbsup:

Erd,

Hi Fran, if you don’t mind me asking have you sold any SL-C to anyone in the UK? As I would like to make contact with them if possible!

hi erd,
RCR tried producing for me a turnkey and UK IVA compliant car but failed on both elements.

As they have tired it once dare i say the next professional approach would be to submit one of there own vehicles and get the IVA report to have a full understanding of what is required to achieve UK IVA.

It wouldnt be ethical based on the information that is now known of IVA non compliancy (on detail areas and basic design areas) to peddle sales to unaware people like yourself in the UK without a full understanding of what is required.
Sorry to say but it aint easy! - saying all that, have a go it would only prove my plight.

There are other UK/Euro options if you wanted to be different such as Saker, Stealth, Aquilla which all would have a similar starting point as an SLC to be made UK road legal

Hi Craig,
Thanks for coming on board, I think I will wait and see a full UK IVA compliant car before I go ahead with it!
If you don’t mind me asking what did you have to do to get the car UK legal, as this will help people such as myself make a good decision on what to doJ

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Erdin,
RCR and Chiron world Sportcars
Henry Nickless www.chironworld.com in the UK can assist with anything IVA related on the SL-C and welcome the chance to work with you...should you choose.

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Craig,
Thanks for coming on board, I think I will wait and see a full UK IVA compliant car before I go ahead with it!
If you don’t mind me asking what did you have to do to get the car UK legal, as this will help people such as myself make a good decision on what to doJ

Erdin,

Craig has been banned from GT40s.com multiple times. He has violated many rules on the forum and was told repeatedly to cease, still continued, and now is permanently banned under any guise. I'm sure you can contact him offline if you'd like to continue dialogue with him or on Pistonheads.

Admin

hi
just wanted to add that craigs Aspira left chironworld just after the PH show in jan 2010 and we achieved UK IVA for him in may/June2010.
Aparantly speedwell also had a dealing with this car.
If you require info on the LS/gemsX25 installation or to view the car at our premises please call me on 07889 978417.
we also have the most powerful 4wheeel drive hub dyno in the UK

If your lucky you may also get a glimpse of the venomGT that we are mapping.

I can also verify that this car has been a heap of issues and heartache to get it road legal - hopefuly we have helped achieve this with craig.

Dan Turner
Advanced Motorsport Engineering
Silverstone
01327 857 577

Erdin, the SL-C is registration compliant here in Australia and we have street registered SL-C's here.

A lot of our regulations here in Australia come directly from the ECE regulations over there, actually some are word for word. The upside of all these regulations is that you end up with very safe road cars.

You will need to have some different specification accessory parts fitted to what is used in the USA, but all the main USA spec componentry will be compliant.

Working with someone local who is familar with IVA requirements should make the process very straight forward. They will assist you on what to order from RCR and the other parts required. Just build the vehicle to the regulations, get it tested and complianced and you will enjoy a very safe and reliable street car with true Supercar performance.

Having an SL-C over there through IVA will be of great assistance as well.

Good luck with it.

Last edited:
Sorry if it came across this way but my other posts have been deleted. I have been involved with this car for nearly 12 months. Call me to discuss my non spam status and any requirement for ls engines and ecu. We have an option of gemsx25 for this engine now fully developed
Thanks

Sorry if it came across this way but my other posts have been deleted. I have been involved with this car for nearly 12 months. Call me to discuss my non spam status and any requirement for ls engines and ecu. We have an option of gemsx25 for this engine now fully developed
Thanks

Dan do you have a SL-C?

Keith

Erd, just quickly jumping in here, this part of GT40s is paid for by RCR as a site sponsor and is moderated by themselves. In that, I would guess they have their own (sub) forum rules and thus I would also guess that the post you refer to in some way broke their rules which is why it was removed.

Perhaps....

Sponsoring vendors can have their own sub forums and apply their own rules within the overall framework of GT40s.com.

Rules are there to be followed however in this situation; I think the post should stay up, as it begins to look like you are trying to hide things.
Now im not doubting anybody but the only person in the UK that I’m aware of, that has a Sly-C is no longer on this forum as he got kicked out, I’m not going to bring that up hear I just think the rules need to be relaxed people can make up their own minds by reading both sides of the story!.
I would have liked to of read what people think and their opinions.

Ron Earp

Admin
Folks,

Craig's SLC story needs put to bed once and for all.

Every six weeks or so Craig G registers on GT40s.com with a new name (this is breaking forum rules). He starts a SLC-bashing thread up again as soon as someone posts about buying an SLC in the UK. His buddy Gary S or other psedonyms join in and we go through this process again. It is always the same - the posters all have a post count of 0 or 1 with an axe to grind.

Craig G got an SLC. He doesn't like it. he's stated that numerous times. He posted his grievances in the GT40s.com dedicated Vendor Feedback forum. However, that posting didn't give him the rise and buzz he wanted surrounding himself so he posts elsewhere on the forum, and using multiple forum IDs, and in doing so broke the rules and got himself kicked off. Once kicked from GT40s.com he joined up over on Pistonheads. SLC threads get started there and generally get closed down because of Craig's involvement.

So that is the story in a nutshell and there are multiple sides of it. If you want all sides of the story talk to Craig. Talk to Fran. Talk to UK vendors who dealt with Craig. And talk to owners of SLCs. But don't continue another Craig G SLC thread on GT40s.com.

Admin

Rules are there to be followed however in this situation; I think the post should stay up, as it begins to look like you are trying to hide things.
Now im not doubting anybody but the only person in the UK that I’m aware of, that has a Sly-C is no longer on this forum as he got kicked out, I’m not going to bring that up hear I just think the rules need to be relaxed people can make up their own minds by reading both sides of the story!.
I would have liked to of read what people think and their opinions.

I understand your wanting to hear another side of the story. However if you do a search, you will see that a lot of Craig's threads and posts bashing RCR and the SLC are still on gt40s.com, including the RCR sub-forum. I don't see it as Big Business censorship since they left a lot of the history untouched to read through.

There is no doubt Craig had different expectations than the product he received, but we don't know how well placed his expectations were. I'm not saying they were or were not as only he and Fran had those conversations and contracts.

What you see now is trolling. He is just becoming a troll on every forum to just bash the SLC. That's not being informative, that's being a nuisance.

Do a search on here, Pistonheads, and even Craig's internet blog/website. Read through all of Craig's posts, read the posts of other builders, and even try and reach out to some of them privately. Then draw your own conclusions.

I did all of that months ago. I'm picking up my SLC on Sunday.

Ron

slight correction to the facts;

1 I have never posted under a pseudonym.

2 PH usually close down SL-C threads due to a, rightly or wrongly, no "naming & shaming" policy.

I do however agree that any potential purchasers of an Sl-C, in whatever guise, should talk to as many people that have experience of them as they can before making a purchase

thanks

Gary S

Ron Earp

Admin
Wow, I'm impressed. It didn't take long for you to show up as predicted. Thanks for that important clarification.

Another Craig SLC thread closed. Moved to SLC subforum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back