Anyone attending the 40th Ani. Mustang Convention?

As you may know the 40th Anniversary Mustang Convention will be held at Nashville Superspeedway on April 15-18. This is a very nice track with a 1.5 mile road coarse that uses part of the oval and infield. I have heard that Ford is sending a group and I would guess they will have a few NICE cars on display.

Is anyone going? I will be there with a CAV GT40 and am bringing my 1992 Mustang convertible to participate in Open Track days (for Mustangs only) on Thursday and Saturday (2.5 hours of run time!! ). Drop by if you are at the event. We will be set up in the Garage.

Re: Anyone attending the 40th Ani. Mustang Convent

Well mustang has been converted for light track use. 6 point roll bar and fire extingusher, etc. Have mustang and GT40 loaded and ready for 700 mile trek to Nashville Superspeedway. After all of the prep I can't wait to get there. Weather is going to be great. Anyone attending, feel free to stop by the garage.

I will be there all day Saturday. We won't be running any mustangs at the open track session though. Just couldn't get the vehicles together in time. Maybe if I quit messing with this GT thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Anybody else going to be there?

Attachments

• 35815-DSCF0023.jpg
    35815-DSCF0023.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 252

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe if I quit messing with this GT thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam, I think I see the problem with your car. You put the wheels on the wrong side.

Maybe! I was having trouble getting the engine in as well. The oil kept pouring out the filler neck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Adam,

I know "Bottom Loading" the engine is the only way it is done these days, but I really think you should make an exception in this case. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kevin

Hi Gary, We will probably come down Saturday for the day. We would had like to stayed for the week-end for the track event. As you probably know already, no GT40's allowed to participate in the track event. This is a real bummer for us. Also, as at the 35th anniverisary, there will be no registered at the show. Cut off was March 31. I would hate to see anyone show up and not be able to register their car. We heard there are about 3,000 mustangs registered. Wish it would have been like the Shelby National's last year.

Show was great for Mustangs. I did about 300 miles of track time at over 5 hours on Thursday and Saturday. Friday spent much of the day walking the vendor area. I have been enjoying my in car video, etc. Did get to run the car around the grounds a bit. Can't wait to get the regustration back from Richmond DMV.

Well Gary, this was as close as I got to you.

Attachments

• 36450-112_1254.jpg
    36450-112_1254.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 255

It was the end of saturday and I just couldn't get the woman motivated enough to walk over there.

Attachments

• 36451-112_1254-2.jpg
    36451-112_1254-2.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 233

I did see this ex GT350H painted up in gulf colors though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 36452-112_1250.jpg
    36452-112_1250.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 243

Great fun. I just had a look over the mustang. With 300 miles on the track my new tires (as of Nov. for street use) are about 2/3 gone. 2.5 degrees of negative camber on the RF was not quite enough with lots of outside wear. Noticed oil leak on right rear exhaust and assumed it was an engine oil leak. Nope. The long sweeping turn 10 at max g's was pushing rear end lube out the vent. Will add a hose to the vent and move it up in the car like a typical 4x4 application.

Adam you did spot my car. Did get lots of attention. I think it was the only GT40 there. Did see two new GT's and two new mustangs (1 on track), and an S7 up close at the free Saleen party.

Back of my wife's Corvette /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

91Frame.jpg

I have now posted a few pictures from the convention. We were having so much fun on the track I hardly had time to take a lot. You can see them here.

I have included a pieced together shot comparing the size of a 5.0 L with the new 5.0 L cammer. Wow!

Attachments

• 38151-mustang&gt40.jpg
    38151-mustang&gt40.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 252
Back