Attention Texas GT40's...

I'm seriously considering taking the plunge into building, buying, or trading for my own 40. But, I need to go for a ride in one first. Is anyone in the Houston or Texas area willing to spend some time showing me their car? I need to experience the vibe of these awesome cars before I can really commit to one.

My current racecar is a '97 Viper GTS, that Im considering trading for either a completed 40, or a project. The Viper is very well setup for racing, but it's still street legal and hilariously fun on a backroad. I recently won a SCCA National trophy with the car in the fastest street car class in the country. So needless to say, I can give someone a hell of a ride in exchange for showing me their 40!

Attachments

• IMG_20221016_072825.jpg
    IMG_20221016_072825.jpg
    808 KB · Views: 137

Howard Jones

Supporter
I live in New Braunfels 78132. Right now I have the rear suspension apart replacing wheel bearings and upgrading to rod ends from rubber bushings, I have a GTD that I have had for 20-odd years. I should have it back together in the next month or so depending on the weather. I'll keep an eye on this thread and when it's back together I'll let you know.

By the way how tall are you? Long legs/short body? Other way around? Weight over 225 or so? I agree it's a good idea to try one on so to speak.

Do you want a GT40 as fast as your Viper? Yes? Study up on Gearboxes..... 500 Ft/lbs is the point where things start to get really expensive.

Back