Audi 01E transaxle

I'm looking for one myself...but I can't seem to figure out Audi's naming convention. I'm looking for the FWD version, but the coding on the transmission housing doesn't seem to tell you anything about that. Only way I can figure to differentiate is to see if it has the rear output shaft that goes to the diff. Has anyone else figured this out? Are all 01e variants treated equal as far as strength?

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter

discussion in link

Hi guHi Mark, I am reaching you because I am using a 6-speed manual transmission (GVB - Audi A4 B7) in my project car mounted in the rear position (photo attached) . But I need to solve the selector mechanism for this project. Can you provide me with some information about how you solve this in your car? Thanks
Taura .jpeg

Thanks Paul, I saw the video 1000 times, very interesting to imitate. But I am still lost about the right shifter to install into the cockpit...

Hi Morten, thanks for the reply. I will search first for the Ford Focus ST170 shifter, and if I don't find nothing good, I will look for Boxster (for sure is much more expensive)

Hi Brian, Did you install this shifter in your car? Which gearbox have you installed? Thanks

I'll be running a Mendeola transaxle. Still waiting for it. This is the same shifter Active Power supplies. It's all billet and surprisingly nice looking and feeling with multiple cable connections so you can adjust throws.

Back