Audi transaxle

I am mating a Mazda 3 rotor engine to an Audi 016 transaxle. For you guys that use the Audi to a Ford---Who made your adaptor? What I am trying to find out is all the exact distances of the bolt holes from the shaft centerline, etc. I thought I might get these measurements for the transaxle side and then get measurements from the Mazda from a Mazda adaptor manufactor( probably Kennedy) and then get a machine shop to put them together on an aluminum plate. Thanks for any help you can provide....

G

Earl, I am pretty sure Kennedy makes an adapter for the Audi. Have you asked them about making you one?

Hi Earl.
I made my own adaptor plate. Ford to Audi 016. Ford gave me the dimensions for the rear of the 302 engine block which I used to make a plate. I then fitted the plate to the engine, mated the Audi box to the adaptor plate, spotted the audi transaxle holes onto the adaptor plate with a drill, removed the adaptor plate and drilled the holes to size. It worked well. I made a steel plate because I did not want to risk stripping a thread in an aluminum plate.

Mike

Back