Australian invasion in Milano

Ok, as many knows I love Australia and new zealand.
Only trouble for theme is now one of my ex girlfriend lives there with her new husband,they are in Brisbane area (so Pete be careful..).:laugh:
This time anyway is something from australia not so nice and due to (as usual) human stupidity.

Happens some years ago there was a fur company buying alive animals from australia.They took several thousands of the giant mouse we call down here "Nutria" ,that is what u downunder there call Coypu.
The company closed and the genius owner had the brillaint idea to leave all the animal alive into our rivers.Coypu are predators,and their upper predator is the australian crocodile.Thanks god we still miss theme (even if they found some in milano area,abandoned as puppy from owners).

In the area I live (now wintertime so no sail4me:sad:) we have a massive invasion of Coypu now.they are allover and farmers are allowed to shoot at theme with big caliber shotguns.Yesterday I also have been attacked by 2 of theme while my daily running training near my river.They are big as dogs.

Still love my australia,but those animals are a real pain,and seems there is no way to take away theme, unless someone takes in the ambient the upper predator.

Then i suspect I will no longer train running, LOL

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
What ! --are you saying your ex is a coypu ? :laugh

The coypu ("beaver rat") is on every continent except Australia that I know of ?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
No not Australian, we only have kangaroo and drop bears. " Beaver rat" interesting name, someone told me you were a bit of a beaver rat in your youth
Chris?:thumbsup:

ahahahah...yep chris, nearly a Coypu also ex-girl friend (brown hairs and brown eyes.typical Italian.as a black spider as we use to say here).
We still keep good relation (yes,u understand well,, THAT kind of relations..LOL),and she says is a big mess to remain in australia now.No way to have the admission to remain in the country over 6months.Right now she is with the husband in NZ to try reach more months and return soon to brisbane.
Prices are exactly as in old europe,is a mess remain there also for English people.the electrician they have is a guy from London,he will be sent home soon.
Where is my australia where I can go even after foreign legion?LOL.changing times...u know.

The local news said this gone company bought many coypu from Australia.there is a bigger version of the south american ones.
Giant fellows those super rats,even if they are more beaver than rats.
The only real problem with those guys is they are really aggressive.Saw one before killed on the road and mismatched him as if a BIG dog.. O_O.Teeths are impressive,big and sharp.

Every animal from australia is soooo big !
Their fur was quite nice btw.
Seems a similar situation we started some yrs ago with american giant red shrimps in rivers.Full of theme also,but at least they are very very good when cooked.

Wow Paolo, you really don't want to disbelieve your TV!
Are you sure you're not American? ;p

Do any other Australians know anything about coypu/nutria being here?
Maybe this information is being kept from us for some evil reason... ;)

Tim.

Last edited:
Only take a 5 minute Internet search to work out there are no beaver rats in Australia under 5'5". However they only have two legs and have a tendency to leave a trail of empty Export cans wherever they have been, making them easy to track and deal with. About their fur, it tends to fall out in the mid to latter part of their life cycle making it harder to actually find any Beaver to rat.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Hey Paolo, I thinks you have started something interesting.

Can you refer us to your news link ??

The coypu is also a small sail boat

ahahaha....that is a sign Chris. Coypu sailin, I already love him then. (Plz a pic).
maybe he is also faster than me.

I thrust u all guys (all rats experts we are now LOL).the article was on a local newspaper,so thats why I asked around.
Will still (hope) those fellows are australian instead south american.we have space for all, including theme.Lol.

roaldin..aahahahaha..I am not american, but I dream I am,and renamed as peter griffin.LOL

nutria.jpg

Last edited:
Back