Bag and small luggage storage

Hi all,

As many are aware I’m back in a GT40 after selling my GT40 a few years back.

Guess this may seem like a strange question - but here goes anyway - as I did the Kit Car Route 66 trip in the GT40 about 10 years ago I travelled very light.

But I’m now looking at a reasonably big trip and wondering if anyone has some ideas on storage of small bags in and around?

Bernie

Brian Stewart
Supporter
We get a soft bag under the front clip, small soft bags in each door and have the advantage of MKII style luggage boxes. Plenty of room for two people, helmet, race overalls, boots, gloves etc., and clothing for 2 -3 days.
Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 11.08.59 AM.png

Doug Dyar

Supporter
Brian
I can't help but wonder if it gets mighty hot in those luggage boxes. Have you insulated them from the exhaust?
Doug

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Brian
I can't help but wonder if it gets mighty hot in those luggage boxes. Have you insulated them from the exhaust?
Doug
Hi Doug. The exhaust side is double skinned with an insulating layer between, and core flute board on the rest. All less than 8 mm thick, but keeps temperatures reasonable inside the boxes.

Thanks guys

I’m at small bag in nose and one down in the passenger footwell. A small bag under my passengers upper legs plus the two doors.

If I can hold onto the Credit Card and limit shopping there should be the same amount of luggage to bring back

Hi Guys, one thing you could look at is the area where the rear lights sit in the rear deck. We installed two boxes that hold quite a few items, with a piano hinge and a bolt to close it its a neat solution.

Attachments

• 2019-05-20 09.00.14.jpg
    2019-05-20 09.00.14.jpg
    412.6 KB · Views: 460
Back