Bag tank VS. Fuel Cell

Gent's,

I am getting to the panning stage this week. The gas tank placement in the Chevron B16 was a bag tank set in behind the panned in seats. There are accesses on each side of the seats. I have never seen one but I have a good idea how it was set up.
My Dear Abby question is " Should I go with the original style setup or a custom aluminium or steel tank with the vent and filler setup under the access port. The problem is with the solid tank I have no way to take it out unless I tear the seats out. (lots of work) I will try to find some pictures I can post that I have permission to use. On my build post you can see the chassis. The space I have to use is the section from the rear firewall down to the first cross member of the square section. Any Ideas welcome.
Dave

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Dave - I think I would look into building a double-wall cell with bladder on the passenger side of the car.

Randy,
I think i am going to need two. There are two A-Type oval rings on each side. I think I will e-mail ATL to see if they have done it before.
Thank's
Dave

Back