Be prepared to laugh

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
This is great!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8]Rolling a Reliant Robin - Top Gear - BBC - YouTube[/ame]

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Almost unbelievable that those things passed the rigid safety inspections in UK...

Jeremy - Priceless..

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Owners should turn the body around on what passes for the car's chassis! The 2 wheel end should be the front!

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Would be perfect for you Larry since they would be unlikely to roll over sitting the garage haha

Keith

The uprated engine they referred to (850cc) was the same lump they put in the Hillman Imp. It was an all aluminium engine designed by the then Coventry Climax F1 engine company. It was absolutely no joke that these 3 wheelers could accelerate faster to 60 mph than an E - Type Jag (7 seconds).

I was often outdragged by these lethal little rocket ships, or '3 pin plugs' as we called them.

It was a beautiful little engine and went on to win many trophies in Imps with Ecurie Ecosse.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
The uprated engine they referred to (850cc) was the same lump they put in the Hillman Imp. It was an all aluminium engine designed by the then Coventry Climax F1 engine company. It was absolutely no joke that these 3 wheelers could accelerate faster to 60 mph than an E - Type Jag (7 seconds).

I was often outdragged by these lethal little rocket ships, or '3 pin plugs' as we called them.

It was a beautiful little engine and went on to win many trophies in Imps with Ecurie Ecosse.

2 stroke??

Glenn M

Supporter
A friend of mine had a Bond bug which was a sort of 'Reliant Robin Sports' on which the front hinged forwards to enable you to get in and out. We called it a resin rocket. I believe they were all bright orange.
Anyway, driving down the local high street one Saturday, checking out the girls, he looked up to see that the traffic had stopped. His sharp evasive manoeuvre caused a 'Clarkson' and it rolled on it's side. Due to the strange door, he was completely trapped and had to wait for people to get out of their cars (as all the traffic was now stopped) and roll him back on to its wheels.
All the time, the girls he'd been whistling at were laughing at him so much they were crying! As were we when we heard!

Attachments

• 4437339.jpg
    4437339.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 220
  • 4437341.jpg
    4437341.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 214
My uncle died in a Reliant Robin.
He went to wide, it tilted and got stuck on a gutter and he careered into lamp post.

They are in the same categories as a traibiant, however you spell it.

Jim

Last edited:
Back