Borla 8 stack system - Problems

We have problems with our injection system. The engine does not start, there is fuel at the injectors, but they do not release any fuel.
The fuel pump runs constantly, so it does not switch off after 2-3 sec. when the ignition is switched on.

Have somebody an idea where we could look?

Thanks

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
What system do you have to fire the Borla Unit. Eg Megasquirt?

First thing I would check is crank,position sensor, make sure it is pulsing when you crank the engine.

Ian

Agree - check for valid crank signal and cam sync while cranking - if you have cranking rpm showing while attempting a start then you probably have good signals. If this is a first time start-up have you followed all the setup procedures like TPS autoset etc? Some ECUs will not run until all those are done. Have you made a wiring error that could be the cause of constant pump operation, and do you know the fuel pressure at the fuel rails is within spec? Good luck! Cheers, Andrew

Dwight

RCR GT 40 Gulf Livery 347 Eight Stack injection
The first time I tried to start my Borla system with Megasquirt ECU it would not start. The ECU did not have a run program in it. We had to contact the seller of the ECU and get the program.

Back