Brake lines

Looking for a brake line diagram, I want to run a 3AN line off of the calipers on all for corners of my car and from the braided lines go to 3/16 hard lines..but I`m unsure of where to use proportioning valves and residual pressure valves or anything else I mite need to add to the brake line plumbing....thanks in advance. Kent

Howard Jones

Supporter
The residual pressure valves should be positioned as close to the master cylinders as practicable. Mine are mounted on the inside of the foot box forward bulkhead near the top.

You can mount the proportioning valve anywhere between the rear master cylinder output port and the "t' that distributes the lines to each rear brake caliper. With a residual valve in that circuit also I would put in after the residual valve and before the "t". So: R master cylinder -> residual valve-> proportioning valve ->T fitting -> rear calipers.

Attachments

• HPIM2488.JPG
    HPIM2488.JPG
    904.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
The residual pressure valves should be positioned as close to the master cylinders as practicable. Mine are mounted on the inside of the foot box forward bulkhead near the top.

You can mount the proportioning valve anywhere between the rear master cylinder output port and the "t' that distributes the lines to each rear brake caliper. With a residual valve in that circuit also I would put in after the residual valve and before the "t". So: R master cylinder -> residual valve-> proportioning valve ->T fitting -> rear calipers.
Thank you! what pound residual valve did you use front and rear?

Neil

Supporter
Thank you! what pound residual valve did you use front and rear?
5 psi residual pressure valves are usually used in drum brake systems due to a strong return spring on the brake shoes. 5 psi in a disk brake system will not allow the caliper pistons to fully retract and the pads will drag on the rotors.

5 psi residual pressure valves are usually used in drum brake systems due to a strong return spring on the brake shoes. 5 psi in a disk brake system will not allow the caliper pistons to fully retract and the pads will drag on the rotors.
Thanks for your help.

Back