Brodix Heads

Shaun

Supporter
Hi,
Anyone any experience of Brodix heads for a 331 stoker? I always see Edelbrock but Brodix is a new one to me
Cheers

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I’ve worked on/with a number of Brodix headed engines over the years. They were always a top quality product, but when AFR and other companies started offering CNC machined heads, Brodix fell behind (in my opinion). While I have no current information on them, they may well offer CNC machined heads by now. The CNC porting is a huge asset in performance.

Shaun

Supporter
Did some digging and found a few YouTube company videos where they show the CNS porting so it seems they have caught up, thanks for the info though as good to know, looking at the video the porting made a huge difference to the inlet and exhaust areas
Cheers

Mike Pass

Supporter
Brodix have been around for a long time doing mainly performance heads and a lot of chevvy stuff. They do a range of heads including CNC ported. Compare their flow numbers to AFR etc. They cast their own heads. I have not used their Ford heads but we had an alloy block 383 Chevy with mech fuel injection and Brodix Track 1 heads some years ago. It did 560bhp on the dyno at EDA. It was a bastard to start with 13:1 compression! Needed 24v from two batteries in series. Was in an old F3000 car which weighed about 500Kg , 1,000+ bhp per ton - terrifying.

Cheers
Mike

Dwight

RCR GT 40 Gulf Livery 347 Eight Stack injection
several years back I called Keith Craft and bought a pair of his CNC Brodix heads for my 354 (big 347). I gained 80 rwhp and rwtq with the change of the heads and a Victor 5.0 intake. I loved those heads!
Motor was in my Cobra.

Back