broken wire in instrument cluster harness

Gents, I found the source of a non functional fuel level gauge - a broken green wire, right before the multiplug. Given it's proximity to the plug, it appears difficult to strip the wire back on the plug side to create a butt splice. I've discovered something called a Dolphin Displacement connector, which looks close to ideal. All but for the fact that both ends of the wire come into one
tempImage8JU470.png
end of the connector. Getting the pin out of the plug appears to be a bit difficult, though I am still waiting on SPA to give me some ideas (I assembled this thing many years ago, and don't recall exactly how it goes together)
Any other ideas for a connector that does not require wire stripping?

TIA

In a follow up on this, the wire break was not where I thought it was. Never did determine the location of it, so elected to splice a new wire into the harness and abandon the bad wire. Used these to make the connections, I have no long term feedback to offer but can say that they go together very easily, are compact, and hold the wire fast. I elected to heat shrink the connect down in the engine bay for added security.

Back