Cable Routing and Hose Identification

Questions from last night's wrench turning:

1. Shifter cables - the passenger side motor mount structure has these neat holes (see photo). Are they designed for the shifter cables to pass through? If so, which cable goes top/bottom, or perhaps it doesn't matter?

2. Shifter cable brackets on Quaife - I have the Olthoff linkage upgrade. The mechanism which attaches to the shifter is pretty straightforward (see photo). Can I get some guidance on attach points for the brackets? Related to #1 above, do both shifter cables travel down the same side of the engine, or are they split? I can see a case where the cables have to approach the Quaife from different angles for the action they provide.

3. Parking brake cables - do they pass under the motor mounts or over? I can see a case for either, but feel like they stay on top of the motor mount after the engine is installed.

4. Radiator hoses at the firewall - The two large hoses that end just forward of the firewall and connect to water pump and intake. Which one is which?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• 20160427_194352.jpg
    20160427_194352.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 264
  • 20160427_194658.jpg
    20160427_194658.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 261
Regarding item 3, the parking brake cables posed a bit of an issue for me during installation. It was not the routing of the cables but rather when they came up and the supporting brackets that held them in place when they went to the brake mechanism. In short, the radius was too tight and the bracket was not rigid enough. You may want to look at this early on and ensure that they work properly.

With respect to the rad hoses, I saw a diagram somewhere on this forum that showed which one went where. Alternatively, you can always just trace them with a long wire like an electrical fish.

Thanks, Steve! I've been suspecting that the "gate" selector shift cable has to be routed down the driver's side, then up and over. This seems to confirm it.

Tim

Back