Caffiene and Exotics

Just a note for those of you in the Atlanta area. The last show of Caffeine and Exotics will be this Sunday at Lenox Square Mall right off Peachtree Street.This is put on by Bruce Piefke. He also promotes the Caffeine and Octane Cruise In, probably one of the largest cruise ins in the state of Ga. and probably the Southeast. They usually get upwards of 500-1000 cars that fill up half of the parking lot of Perimeter Mall on any given Sunday that it is held. My video on Utube will give you an idea of the crowds that show up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYxD...ature=youtu.be
Caffiene and Exotics will be a show of 250 exotics in the Atlanta area. Several dealers will be there with their latest. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Tesla, Mcleran Porsche(917), Bentley and others. Many of the entrants are the older versions of these greats along with many others.
I have been invited by Bruce to show DRB #5
. Velocity Channel filming for the Caffeine & Octane TV show will be there as well. The show is from 8AM to 11:00. The cars will be parked by groupings. Mine will be in the USA section entering Gate 2 on the left hand side. Weather is supposed to be ideal. Cars will be entering the area from 7AM to 7:45.

Hope to see some of you there.

Bill

Thanks for the heads up on that. Too far for me but what a nice car... great job. And it goes without saying.....great color.

Regards Richard

Just got back from C&E and had a great time there. Met some guys from past events(there have been 3 other events during the year).The weather started out with a heavy drizzle as soon as I unloaded the car from the trailer. This lasted only for 15 minutes and a towel I had came in handy. Most cars were driven in and they numbered in the 250 range. A few rare exotics like the Mcleran P1 and some dealer Lambos were the exception. I trailered mine due to a faulty electric water pump(spins but doesn't move any water). This will be investigated when I get a break in the shows that I have been invited to in about 2 weeks. The Velocity channel was there filming the event. Great spectator participation keep everyone busy answering questions and taking pictures. There was every known exotic known at the event, both new and early/late models.
Back during the first of the year I discovered C&E on the Southeast Wheels web site Events - SOUTH EAST USA WHEELS EVENTS-Car and Motorcycle Show Calendar
C&E was changing their format at that time and you had to apply to show your car. I thought this would be a great time to have their rejection letter for my office. So I applied and was up front with my car being a replica. Strangely enough they said they were excited to have me there. They later, after the first show said they wanted me to show at their other three shows (I could only make it to second and fourth shows). It was great to meetup with some friends that I had met at the previous shows. John Fleming one of the owners of C&E came around and asked if they could film a special on my car and my friends Ford GT. We quickly agreed. I tried to get some video of the entrance to the event and leaving on my RunCam, only to discover the SD card was full and the loop recording was turned off. So no video.
I would like to get some other 40s/SLCs/Daytona Coups etc. down there next year. Speaking of Next year, John showed me their new web site promoting a Caffeine and Octane at the beach scheduled at Jekyll Island that will be held March 17-19. It is expected to be as big as the C&O event at Perimeter Mall with up to 1000 Muscle Classic and Exotics Caffeine and Octane At The Beach | Jekyll Island, Georgia
Since my retirement comes next month, I will try and make it there.

Bill

Back