Cam Synchro for Motec

Does anyone know the Ford or Motorcraft part number for the two pin stator as opposed to the three pin stator? I have twice now gotten the three pin stator cap, Ford part number F58Z-12A112-AA, Motorcraft part number DU-57. This is a three pin stator cap that does not mate to the Motec two pin wire.

Glad to never have evacuated from Houston, I am, Pat Barry

Attachments

• 65550-synchroandplug.jpg
    65550-synchroandplug.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 322
Pat, the cap that you have is a "US" style cap.
It is a Hall sensor.
The one that is wired for your car is from Australian cars. These are Mag sensors. Thus the 2 wires not 3 the additional being power. I was unable to locate the Mag sensor in the good old USA.
Not really a problem though.
What you want to do is find a power supply out of the Motec (I think it is 8V) run it to the cap. Switch the cam sensor wire from the motec harness so that it plugs into the Hall sensor pin not the mag sensor.
From there you should be able to figure out everything else from the Motec site.
If you have any other questions I will try to help as I'm sure I missed something here.
One last note the Hall sensors and the Mag sensor ARE different internally (under the cap) so they are not interchangeable.
I went with the hall because mainly availability and second mags can go bad in time. Not common but a possibility.
John

Hey John, good to hear from you! How goes...firefighting, right?

I did find a two-pin cap, comes off a 3.0 EFI Ford that does fit. It was recommended by RF, fits loads of Taurus' and Explorers. So I have a 5.0 synchro with a 3.0 cap. I will be test-firing the motor with a Motec racer, so I'll run your comments by him. I still have the three-pin cap, so no big deal there.

Back