Can Anyone Help !!!

hi all , i havent got a gt40 but am working on my own car . i have a problem that someone might be able to help me with . it would be appreciated .
i bought an audi transaxle from a wrecker in sydney and he says its a 016 , but from what i have seen on all sites the shifter for a 016 comes out the side of The gearbox , mine comes out the back.
have i been conned?
the pic that i am posting isnt my gearbox , but it is similar to what i am using and it will be mounted to a 351 clevland
stamped on bellhousing is 0946AXG19032 , taged to box was plate with audi 2.3 E 93 , stamped into body of box was NH3 and cast into body was WWO5 012 301 103 H GERMANY

XJR15%202.jpg

Hi no name,
That isn't a 016 box but it looks like it fits what you are doing, I guess the only issue you now have is the clutch & flywheel assembely. What kind of car is it you are building? Do have any pic's to share with us? I have an 016 at my work shop if you want to see it in person let me know.

Steve

thanks steve for replying
would you know what gearbox it actually is ?
and this is a picture of the car i am building

ffff858f.jpg

I believe that to be an Audi 013 Serial Number prefix HF 1st 3.46, 2nd 1.79, 3rd 1.13, 4th 0.83, 5th 0.68, Diff 4.11.

Andy

Similar question

Hello

I have a similar problem.

I just bought an Audi gearbox for my GOX GT40 from a dealer. He said it came from a 1996 A6 2.6L, and that it is a 5 speed manual 01E box.

I'm sort of having my doubts about that as it doesn't look like the 01E's I have seen in pictures (example: http://www.gt40s.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15580 ).

My gearbox have almost the same numbers as ynot90's gearbox, at least the ones I could find.

WWO 012 301 211 L GERMANY 3

(Doesn't the "012" mean that it's a 012 gearbox?)

Attachments

• gearbox serial005.jpg
    gearbox serial005.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,909
I seem to have forgotten the question in the last post.

Can anyone please tell my what kind of gearbox this is and is it usable with a Ford 302 (under 300 HP) ?

Added a picutre.

this is the view from the top of the gearbox.

Attachments

• gearbox007.jpg
    gearbox007.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,612
Last edited:
Its defintely not an 01E box, as they have a cast iron gear casing (look at the black bit in the link you posted). Also, the gear linkage looks to be coming out of the box in a different location.

I will have a look on the VAG parts list and see if I can find what it is.

What does the paper label say on the top ?
If you roll it over, does it have a metal tag attached to the bottom with a partnumber on it ?
The number you see is the casting number only, whereas the tag would have the actual build configuration of the box (which make/model of car, and so which gear ratios).

Cheers,
John.

Found a couple of other numbers.

One of them is almost identical to the first one I posted, and the other one looks like the one you wanted:

WWO 3
012 301 103L
GERMANY

CPE25095

Attachments

• gearbox serial010.jpg
    gearbox serial010.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,809
012 gearbox

hi espen, I did some digging through some saved pdf and i think this is what you have This particular
gearbox came
from an
1995/1996 Audi
A6 2.5 TDi. This
gearbox type can
also be found in
VW Passat's as
well as Audi A4's.
have a look at this site it may help http://www.v12diablo.co.uk/gearbox.htm as this looks like what you have, and there is some usful tips.

also have alook at this site it lists most of the audi late model boxes, http://www.dieselschrauber.de/audi_zuord.html unfortunatley not yours but most of the 012 listed range from 61 to 81kw it may also help another member find some info

Regards
Lambo

Pap and Espen, you've both got 012 gearboxes, not a bad gearbox by any means but not quite as sort after as the 016.
Nothing to worry about, if they work out OK with what your doing you'll have got a real result as they're cheap and most countries have lots of different cars running around with these in them.
They were fitted into most of the low to mid' power Audi/VW group middle size cars (Audi 100/A4/A6/VW Passat for example) from around 1980 onwards (and probably a few more besides).

I talked to the local Audi dealer and he could verify that the gearbox is a 5 speed manual from an 1996 Audi A6, 2.6L V6 petrol.

The A6 has 110kv (150 HP), so it should hold for my initially intended use.

Just wanted you to know as there might be others out there considering the 012 box.

I did some digging on WWO5 012 301 103 and from what I found this is the part number for the transmission case. It was used by a number of transmissions including the Porsche Boxer. See Porsche Boxster Parts.
Mine came from 1993 90 cs with v6 probably 110 kw engine
Hope this clears up some of the confusion around these transmissions!

The picture above looks very similar to my unit, which is a 5 speed Boxster (G86) and labeled 016 on the side. I think these are 016's with Porsche pattern bolting, can anyone confirm?

GearBox.jpg

Doug, the 016s look quite a bit different than your Boxster transaxle. The 016s have a cast aluminum bellhousing and R&P housing then a cast iron section housing most of the gears/selector forks/etc then a cast a aluminum rear section. Looks like your Boxster box is all cast aluminum and dimensionally different.

Back