Can someone pull together some historical (this site) loose ends

PaulProe

Supporter
In reading the various threads on this site, I have come across references to space-frame plans by a person called Mike Osbourne (Osborne). There is a current thread referencing the sale of a set of plans and the fiberglass components by a gentleman in Canada that also references this.

A quick search of the site and the inter-webs leads me to believe the correct spelling is Osborne. Since threads lead me to believe he was also the past editor of a GT40 magazine.

A couple of the searches revealed a site "www.gt40chassisdesignseurope.com" Links to this site are broken and a search of Google's WayBack Machine doesn't bring up any history of the domain.

Is anyone aware of this site or person. Any history on the chassis design? I did find a couple pictures in the media files but no detail.

I've been researching some of the space-frame designs and this one leads me down a dead-end.

Any know anything about it? Worth pursuing?

Thanks

Paul

In reading the various threads on this site, I have come across references to space-frame plans by a person called Mike Osbourne (Osborne). There is a current thread referencing the sale of a set of plans and the fiberglass components by a gentleman in Canada that also references this.

A quick search of the site and the inter-webs leads me to believe the correct spelling is Osborne. Since threads lead me to believe he was also the past editor of a GT40 magazine.

A couple of the searches revealed a site "www.gt40chassisdesignseurope.com" Links to this site are broken and a search of Google's WayBack Machine doesn't bring up any history of the domain.

Is anyone aware of this site or person. Any history on the chassis design? I did find a couple pictures in the media files but no detail.

I've been researching some of the space-frame designs and this one leads me down a dead-end.

Any know anything about it? Worth pursuing?

Thanks

Paul
I knew Mike Osborne editor of GT40 club (UK). He built a Tornado (BRG with yellow stripe) & moved to a farm in France with Ken Saunders c.1999. Vague recollection of a family connection with Canada but memory is foggy. No contact for years.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Try a google of “Robin Sundt GT40” he is mentioned there a few times and I believe he was also involved in the farm in Belac in France withRobin Sundt and Ken Saundersalso look up gt40.co.uk

Aye, Robin built a place other side of the river to the farm known as ‘Forty Towers’. Foundations included a large cellar for his plonk. A 351 if I remember right, white with blue stripe. Maybe an engineer by trade? Ken, Mike & Robin pictured on cover of Aptil / May 1997 edition of the magazine. See back issues on enthusiast club site.

PaulProe

Supporter
I've seen a couple references to his plans and also to his website but neither are showing up on Google or on the Google archives. Did the site actually exist? I've seen a couple jpeg's of his frame drawing on this site, but again, no other info or details.

? ? ?

gt40.co.uk page last updated 2005 according to said site.

If you are looking to purchase something is this the direction you want to be going in ?
There's several active companies with good reputations for GT40 replicas a phone call away.

PaulProe

Supporter
. . . If you are looking to purchase something is this the direction you want to be going in ?
. . .

Not looking to purchase, I am chasing loose ends on some design history and this is one loose end I can't seem to resolve. Surprised the links for such a renowned person lead to nowhere and that comments on design only have a couple pics.

Paul

Back