Carbon Fiber LS Valve Covers

I already have a set from Katech, but Scooter's just sent this email to me and I pass it along to LS owners looking for CF valve covers.

"We are proud to announce we have begun production of the newly developed LS carbon fiber valve cover. We are always striving to improve the product this cover is strongest and lightest LS cover on the market. In the new covewr you will see a more brilliant finish due to improved resin design. Also you will notice we have added patent pending internal aluminum ribs which virtually eliminate any flex. The Cover uses a genuine GM seal and retains stock sealing location as designed. We are taking orders for the covers and expect to be shipping with 3 weeks. Let me know if you are still interested in a set. Current pricing will be as follows. $499 for the covers with hardware to run without coil mounts. Coil mounts for LS1 & LS6 $159.99. Coil Mounts for LS2, LS3 and LS7 $159.99."

Thank you John

Scooters Performance
210 South French Ave.
Sanford, FL 32771
www.scootersperformance.com

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Looking forward to seeing a picture of them. I have a set (Scooters) from a first gen. small block. They do flex a little without ribs. This will be a welcome addition (adding ribs).

Thanks for the "heads up".

These are the Katech covers:

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,351
  • AviadFits.jpg
    AviadFits.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,082
I believe Caleb (twin throttle body carbon fiber cross ram intake) is manufacturing them as well.

We are working toward production parts in early December for the valve covers. What rocker arms are you using? SEMA was so busy that I didn't get to take very many good pictures but you can see the first pre-production part in this picture: http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150359871407043&set=a.10150359871312043.352179.101107377042&type=1&theater

Full carbon, molded gasket groove (no bonded inserts), titanium bolts...it is a pretty bad mamajama. Working on two different coil mounting options as well (third block or off engine option).

Performance Design

Has anyone seen anything like this that would work on a reversed manifold

Attachments

• carbon fiber engine cover.jpg
    carbon fiber engine cover.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,424
This one is interesting. I'm not sure who makes it though.

Attachments

• dw_800.jpg
    dw_800.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 727
I like the look of the naked engine/coil packs, etc. I painted my stock valve covers
with a G2 high temp caliper paint, looks great!

I should say that, in a thread post I was reading, someone said that they wondered if the car was owned by "Tim". The advert indicates " Hand build here in AZ by a more than capable trophy truck building shop".

Chassis number, according to the advert is 11111111111111111.

Back