CAV for sale in Florida

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Attachments

• FLGT40.jpg
    FLGT40.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 702
Unfortunately the car has been sold twice since the ad. I followed it from the first ad in Hemmings to the dealer who bought it. I went to see it and tried to buy it the next day only to find out that he had sold it to one of his regular customers somewhere "up north". The car looked fantastic and ran real nice, though I don't think that it had 400+HP as the ad said.
It was all I needed to get the itch to look for another. Although I have seen others for sale with higher asking prices, there has been little more, if any, value in what they have for sale.
By the way, just before I saw that ad, I missed another Australian replica that was beautifully done by a guy in Washington state. That one was sold to another buyer in SW Florida. He was asking $55,000! His whole build sequence was documented on his website.

Still looking,
Ford1

Mike,

Sorry to hear you missed the deal.

I think you should consider the information suggested by our new member Tizzy, and purchase a Veyron. That way, you can reach your destination much quicker, and not miss out on a the next GT40 deal you are going after.

Mark,

Thanks for posting the picture. The camera angle in that picture is perfect!

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mark,

Thanks for posting the picture. The camera angle in that picture is perfect!

I wish I had taken it (lifted from the Hemmings post) so I would have a nice large one for my computer desktop! I must say, now that I keep seeing photos of dark blue GT40's, that I'm really growing to like that colour scheme.

Ron Earp

Admin
Was that Veek's old car from FL? Didn't he have a blue CAV?

And the GT40 car done in Washington State, wouldn't that be Neil's car that he did?

Ron

The owner of the blue GT was named Wells. He sold it to Wire Wheel Classics in Vero Beach, which is where I saw it.
The owner of the red one was Colin Dalzell. His build sequence is still up on his site.

Ford1
Still Looking

Back