CAV GT on Ebay

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Yikes. Even if the car came with the woman I wouldn't pay $225,000. Well, I don't think I would....

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Perhaps we should inform him that Edsel B. Ford II is NOT the "President of Ford Motor Company" and most likely has NOTHING to do with a SEMA showing? NAH, why let truth get in the way of a good sales pitch...............

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Ha ha quite possibly. Heading down now to work on it. You should see the dash and pedal box...

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Man you guys are rough.

A guy is trying to sell a car for chrissake and all I ever see are bs comments - some from guys who don't even own one.

One day you will put your pride and joy up for sale - I hope people take it easy on you.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Man you guys are rough.

A guy is trying to sell a car for chrissake and all I ever see are bs comments - some from guys who don't even own one.

One day you will put your pride and joy up for sale - I hope people take it easy on you.

Soooooooooooo...'no freedom of expression/speech/opinion unless it's in full support of 'whatever' no matter how ridiculous the 'whatever' might be...AND, no negative comment /opinion at all unless you're somehow personally connected to the 'whatever', right?

'Got it. 'Duly noted.

:wings:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter

Actually most of the wise ass comments are from OWNERS! And we are big boys...think my price was too high? Tell me.

And the price is subjective....I may think it is too high and the seller may think it is the steal of the century. Purely opinion. But crap like EBF II being president of FoMoCo and other fluff is just that, sales fluff and not defendable.

I agree with Mike... I hope he does sell for the asking price. Great for us that own CAVs!! I enjoy my cars, but I do consider both the GT and the Cobra as investments.

If the CAV owner gets his ask, my SPF will immediately go for sale for the same price.

That said, his over the top advertising, filled with bluff and inaccuracies is what is drawing ire. I reserve the right to call him on it.

Sorry Pat, but I disagree.

There's some interesting things I noted on this car that differentiates it from other CAV's.
The hinges on the front nostril (ala MK II), I've not seen on other CAV's.
The serial number is shown as 5Z believed to be 52 (?)
This car is earlier then serial # 82 because 82 and above the factory changed the shape of the nose from the original rounded shape to a more angular style.
The brake bias knob in the interior is in front of the gear lever while many have it behind the lever.
The seats have been worked on with heavier side and hip bolsters.
I see other things in the engine compartment that indicate a lot of work by the owner.
The two *names mentioned could be why the seller is asking BIG money but I doubt it.
It has a big motor with the ZF.

If the names add value then many will have Shelby's name on theirs which bodes well for them.
*Prior to the sale of mine I removed panels (which the buyer was aware of) containing the names of some of the greatest names in motorsport including Edsel, Gurney, Andretti, Foyt, Hobbs, Redman, Parnelli Jones, Elford, etc.

A cheeky friend told me the plates with the names were more then the car! I hope he's right!

Good Luck to the seller but 225K for a CAV would be a very high watermark IMHO.

Back