CAV GT40 342 Stroker w/EFI stack injection

Factory built GT40 replica with a semi monocoque construction (steel tube frame with sheeting), rack and pinion steering, power brakes, PBR dual piston front calipers, 12” rotors, Ford rear calipers with integral parking brake, Spax adjustable coil over shocks, tubular control front arms, tubular rear control arms, rod ends on all suspension points, dual automatic cooling fans, windshield wiper and washer, horn, dual fuel tanks, self canceling turn signals.

The drivetrain consists of a Central Coast Mustang 342 stroker(425 HP), new block, Eagle forged rods, steel crank, forged pistons, Ford Motorsports X303 hydraulic roller cam, Air Flow Research 185cc heads, individual throttle body injection manifold, Electromotive TEC3 engine management system, Stewart high flow water pump, 180° cross over ceramic coated exhaust, 5 speed manual transmission.

Custom Sony MP3 CD player
with 6.5” MTX coaxial speakers, air conditioning and heater, VDO gauges, leather seats and interior.

$80,000 OBO
Feel free to call for details at 760-403-6266 or email me at [email protected]

10847545-c5cf-01050200-.jpg

More pictures can be seen at My GT40 albums 1&2

[ July 30, 2002: Message edited by: Wayne Presley ]

I got the cobra bug again and really don't have the room for both. But the car is great, but I really miss my cobra.

Ron Earp

Admin
Wayne,

I can't believe it! That is a great looking car too. Did the motor get sorted and what kind of power and drivability did you get? I'm just curious cause I'm in for the same. Thanks,

Ron

G

Wayne's GT40 is as described!
As one of the lucky few who got rides in it at DVSFII, I can say it rides very well, is comfortable even in 90 deg plus temps (AC works great) and really drags in the lookers with that fantastic paint job.

mike

I have great drivablility, the high pressure pump is laying down above 4200 rpm so I have to get a new pump on it. THe rear wheel dyno at the DVSF2 showed 253RWHP @4500 rpm where it started running out of fuel. ALWAYS use a wide band O2 sensor when dynoing a car. The cam in my motor should make peak power at 5800 rpm, I wanted to get the fuel safe before I added any more timing to it. The total timing right now is at 28° so there is probably 50 hp on the table in timing alone.

Back