CAV mono vs CAV space frame

I had a chance today to drive my space frame CAV and sit in the new monococque CAV. What a difference, the mono has sooo much more legroom, with the seat all the way back I couldn't even press the throttle. The radiator and front subframe are all aluminum where mine is mild steel and brass radiator. The welding on the mono is beautiful and seats are way more comfortable. The center consoles lost the hard gate, gained a shift boot and has the brake proportioning valve located in the console also. I'll post the pics in an hour or so.

Wayne,
I sat in a CAV monocoque this past Saturday. I didn't get to compare it to the spaceframe. But, with the seat all the way back, I couldn't touch the pedals either. I kind of like the look of the gated shifter better, but the boot shifter is supposedly easier to use.

So...

When you get the new CAV you going to sell me your old one cheap?

Just kidding.

Doug

G

Wayne,
In your opinion what is the best buy for the money, on a gt40 complete car less engine and trans ?. How does the room in the cav monocoque compare to the other cars, RF,GTD,ERA etc ?. What about the finish on the cav monocoque ?. I know you have a cav on the road and I respect an opinion from a man that has exsperience.

Thanks. Malcolm King.

Hey Wayne,

Did you ever get those photos together?

Doug

p.s. I was just jokin' about buying yer car. I wish I could affoard it. Maybe, in a few years
wink.gif

I just saw the CAV mono this weekend at Knott's. It is a superbe automobile. Quite authentic to the casual observer. Between the mono chassis and carbon/kevlar body makes it a VERY solid automobile. Almost as if it were made from a major manufacturer. No squecks or rattles just the rumble of the V8 Winsor. This is a car I could easily feel comfortable driving on long trips.

I also had the pleasure of meeting Bob Lacey. He's a very nice and honest man. One of the things I most enjoyed meeting him was his genuine enthusiasm for the GT40. I couldn't help but get excited as well. He wasn't like a huxter trying to make a sale. He just loved talking about his car. And, I understand why. It's an amazing replication.

If you haven't had a chance to see one and you are able, I highly recommend checking it out.

Doug

Back