CAV wiper motor wiring

can anyone help me regarding wiring up the wiper motor. I am not using the wiring loom from the factory but I am using the factory wiper motor. I am using Painless wiring. we need to figure out how to wire the motor so it self parks and operates correctly. I am using Lucas switches on the dash.

Carman

hi steve, thanks for that. it does help and make sense but my wiper motor wire harness has different colours from the chart. not a big deal but im getting different info from a few guys. one said, red is 12v+, black is ground, green is ground when parked, and yellow does nothing. these colours they describe do match my harness. hmmmm

Bill Kearley

GT40s Supporter
I haven't got mine done yet but I do have the make and box and part number my motor came in. I plan to look on line for the schematic in order to hook mine up. Would you like the info, it's out in the shop.

Bill Kearley

GT40s Supporter
Carman I Thought I sent this the other day, not sure what happened. Look at DOGA it's on line. I saw my motor on images. I haven't installed it yet. I have to make mounts and at this time I don't even know the degree of sweep

Attachments

Last edited: