Chassis dimension info needed

Hi

I'm trying to find a chassis dimension for the horizontal distance between the hub/wheel mounting surface and the car centre line.

From the info here it says the track width is 55in both front and rear. But without the size of the wheel and wheel back space I can't work out the above measurement.

I've had a go at drawing the dimension on to a tornado to help explain what I'm talking about.

Any help appreciated!
Cheers
James

6346893303_b8855e437b_z.jpg

Depends on why you want it, if you're planning on a scratch build well then really it doesn't matter.

Find out what offset the wheels you want are available in, ensure the calipers you want fit and work it backwards.

Otherwise find out what offset the common replica GT40's run with and work it back.

Yep - for a scratch design. I guess it is a bit chicken and egg. It sounds like the Image wheels can have a backspace / offset to suit so would accomodate any reasonable design.

So, it doesn't really matter what the measurement is (to a certain degree) but it would be good to at least know what the original 40s were so I can use that as the starting point.

If the wheels had zero offset, the hub to hub measurement would be equal to the track. But I'm guessing the original 40 wheels had a variety of offsets.

<style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } --> </style> At the request of Andy Sheldon, I've removed the photo of the tornado.

James,

Ive done some measurements for you, .... all measurements are overall...outside to outside....

10" x 15" Revolution 5 spoke wheels

The wheel hub face to outside of wheel rim is .......6 1/2"

The wheel hub face to inside of wheel rim is ........4 1/4"

I have 295 x 60 x 15" BF GoodRich Radials

Hub to Hub is 50 1/2"

This gives a outside to outside tyre distance of 66 1/2", but there is room to make this 68", and this is what I will do on my new chassis.

If I was you I would look at peoples build logs, and send a Pm and ask if someone will measure thier car for you and give measurements, and details of the wheels they are useing

There are some really nice helpfull people on this web site.

Trevor Summers, Kieth Baker, Andy Green ,Tom RCR Race Tracker,and many more. Tom has had his own extra wide rims made for his car, and will know all about wheel offsets

mick

Back