Chuck Wins again in Pine Top, Az !!

Well, as the title says. That little blue and orange thing won again. Damn ! I'm going to have to resort to some new tactics. This can get old fast. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
It was a great show with over 600 cars entered. There was everthing there from Hupmobile to Panteras. Plenty of things to see and do with vendors galore.
It went pretty much the same as last show, crowds constantly around the GT40s. there was very few times you could get a decent shot with a camera. It will always amaze me the attention these cars get.
On Sunday afternoon they called out the winners and presented the plaques. Here is Chuck getting his award.
Congratulations Chuck on the win but next time that blue and orange thing is goin' down... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 65558-Chuckexceptingplaque.jpg
    65558-Chuckexceptingplaque.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 245
This what the spectators were like all day.

Attachments

• 65559-SpectatorsaroundGulfGT.jpg
    65559-SpectatorsaroundGulfGT.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 202
Even when the show was clearing out there was a crowd.

Attachments

• 65560-GulfGTspectators.jpg
    65560-GulfGTspectators.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 259
Here is a shot of my car. This big guy wouldn't leave. He wanted to sit in the car and he kept asking for the owner. I hid. My wife told him to try the little blue and orange car. Sure enough he went over and there was Chuck's wife trying to shoe horn this guy in that little GT. Folks, he actually got in! Unfortunatly I left and didn't see it but my wife did and she still gets tickled thinking about it.

Attachments

• 65561-BigguybyGT.jpg
    65561-BigguybyGT.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 234

Ron Earp

Admin
Hersh, that fellow is not a "40 Build", that is certain. Whew, that would be a tight fit!!!!!!! Got any pictures of that?

Hersh old buddy....I saw Chuck's car at Carlisle....
unless you vandalize it I fear he will continue
to rack up those 1st place trophies....

But you can certainly lay claim to more GT40 miles than
any one....that deserves an award in my book.

MikeD

[ QUOTE ]
Sure enough he went over and there was Chuck's wife trying to shoe horn this guy in that little GT

[/ QUOTE ]
Rumor has it there is now a spyder RF in Gulf colors in the Arizona area. Hersh this just may be what you needed, LOL.

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Hersh and Chuck,

Any chance you can post a photo of the engine compartment? I'm curious to see how the various components have been laid out.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Al

I actually shoe horned Jose Conseco into my lowered floor GTD once! We could shut the door but he would have had a lot of trouble operating the pedals because of a lack of knee room. I told him to buy a Diablo - as it was the only hot rod I could think of that might fit him!!

Back