classic le mans track time last call!

hi, hope everyone had a nice christmas, and a happy new year to you all! we need to get all the forms in and payment by the end of january to secure our lap time on the friday night, can you please get the forms in wich can be downloaded . we have only had 10 cars confirmed. if you need help contact me at '[email protected]' it is the ultimate expeiriance for anyone who drives a gt40, or GT, i hope we can get more forms in and make it a great success! please anyone ho has driven this track post you expeiances to hopefully encourage others to participate. it is the nearest thing to heaven you will ever expeiriance the full 24 hour circuit, and not a crouded traffic jam like on the parade laps on the saturday. P.S can anyone post a link to the forms on the gt40 enthusiasts sight, as i do not know how to do it! i drive cars not computers!

Hi

I have downloaded the form and it will be in the post tomorrow

Thanks for your effort on this

Steve

hi steve!

thankyou for sending in your form

regards dick.
come on folks we need more cars to apply!

Hi Martin... hope you're well. Unfortunately, it's the french organisers who determine the price, not the club. We've all been working hard to get the track session for the club, but Gautier Rosignol, made it clear to Dick and I during our meeting at the NEC in November, that he'd spoken with numerous clubs about the LMC. Reading between the lines, that means we're in a "first come, first served" situation. This really is an almost unique opportunity to drive your GT40 on the Le Mans circuit, at speed, without the clutter of slower cars, so please visit GT40 Enthusiasts Club - Front Page Best wishes.. Andrew

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Wonder what hoops I'd have to jump through to ship my car over for the week from the states? Anyone pick me up from the airport, let me sleep on their couch, and be my your guide for the week? What a unique opportunity!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Michael

if you can get across it would be reasonably easy to organise accommodation and for you to join a convoy down to Le Mans.

I for one live about ten minutes from Heathrow.

At LMC a bunch of us normally camp right on the circuit. And organise group BBQ makes having a beer easy and then walk to the fence to watch the cars again. Normally organise a van to take all FAA ping kit down, air beds etc.

If I can assist let me know

ian

martin, sorry to hear your not going to make it, i'll miss the gray primer special in my rear view mirror, LOL.

micheal, we have room in our tent on th campsite, we also have room in our tow car travelling from the uk to france and we'd be more than happy to be your guide for the week.unfortunately we do not have space in the five gt40's our midland group is taking, all of the passenger seats are full.

come on martin £270 for an airline pilots wages.tightarse!PMSL!
regards dick

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
PM sent. I would guess I have missed the boat this year in regards to shipping my car over. It would be great if I could combine this with some early morning driving on an open section of autobahn as well. Do any of you ever do that? I need to get in contact with some shipping companies and determine if the costs associated with shipping my car over are within the realm of reason. Even if the answer was no I think it would be a blast just to hop a plane over for a week and hang out with you folks for this event.

hi all,
thanks to everyone that has sent in their forms, we are starting to fill up, so those who are going to participate in the lap time please get your forms in. get the forms in soon or there may not be room on the tracktime as we are now being joined by the 289 register, we must close the entrance on the 29th of this month so come on guys, lets get more forms in!
anyone who is thinking of hanging on untill 2014 please understand that i dont think we will be offered this chance again in 2014.
regards dick.

Hi Mark.. depends upon how fast you go. Each lap is over 8 miles long and most were getting between 5 and 6 laps in the 35-45 minutes at the 2010 event. This really is an opportunity to go as fast as you dare on the full Le Mans circuit with the armco to keep you slotted on the track and the atmosphere.. oh the atmosphere!.. Andrew

WOW.. I've just realised that equates to 40-50 flat out miles chasing Cobras and GTs down the Mulsanne! This is no Mickey Mouse circuit (no offence intended to our US friends here), but the track is the real McCoy where Gurney, Ickx, Hulme, Miles, McClaren, Hill, Salvadori etc, etc drove and where some lost their lives. The event is truly unique with an atmosphere second to none.. Andrew

hi andrew, i totally agre with you there! dont forget though that we will be fully marshelled and flagged and we will have the full le mans circuit facilities incase of any problems!
regards dick.

This sounds fantastic!! Drive as fast as I dare at Le Mans for 35-45 minutes? Really?

I've looked at the signup form, and it's pretty basic. There has to be some sort of inspection of the cars, right? Could I just show up in a clapped-out Trabant and circle the track as fast as I wanted with no prior inspection or documentation of my skills (or lack there of)?

Don't you guys have lawyers over there?

Seriously. Do you do this every year? If so, I would honestly consider shipping my car over there for awhile, hit Le Mans, and do a few laps of the 'Ring while in the area (I have family about 5 minutes away).

Really, I am serious. I just don't want to ship my car over, only to find out that I couldn't run for some unknown reason. Obviously, I couldn't do it this year. but in the future, who knows!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Ron

Yes there is no inspection and run your car as fast as you are able or dare.

You would not get a Trabant inside the circuit - good mafia on the gates.

Only selected marks of cars will be allowed on the track and the Gt40 is one of the privileged few.

Your insurance will not cover you on the track, you sign an indemnity on the day. You bend it you pay except for Armco which is covered in the cost of the event.

Remember there will be about 100 cars on the 7.5 miles of thack so jot too congested

Book your space and come over and play!
Ian

Ian,

Is this a one-time event (50th aniversary of the cobra kind of thing)?

I would not be able to do it this year, but could start planning for one of the next few years.

Ron

Back