Cobra/gt-40/marine 289 hipo fuel injection on eBay

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
This is an interesting piece for sale on eBay. I have sent an email to Lee Holman asking for comments. If he answers, I'll post his response.

7b_1.JPG

Click Here to goto FI System post

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Lee Holman\'s comments

"The injection was a hm [Holman-Moody]item sold more for street use. It should have some engine driven pumps and vain fuel flow units which are needed to make it work. Also an electric pump which provides 150 lb/s of fuel pressure which makes the fuel real hot and caused fuel vapor lock when I drove my Mustang in summer

This is a constant flow type fuel injection not a timed one. So it has all kinds of metering units to match the fuel with the rpm and throttle settings. It does work if the set-up is spot on--- there is little or no chance of the parts shown working at all.

Lee Holman "

Howard Jones

Supporter
Re: Lee Holman\'s comments

How about as a basis of a electronic FI setup. The butterflys are there as well as the bosses for a injectors. Linkage also appears to be there. Just a though.... If you could get it for a song...

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen

Howard, my thoughts exactly. The Manifold can be used as well since the stacks bolt down to it. The price is sitting at $309 the last time I checked. I put $150 on it last night-not long after it was posted, but that didn't last very long this morning.

Howard Jones

Supporter

Lynn, 150 bucks is about the same song I was refering to. I'm not to sure about $300-400 though. It's good to see all great minds think alike.

Back