Condenser Orientation

Joel K

Supporter
I’m wondering if it is absolutely necessary to mount the condenser with the #8 hose on top. I’d prefer to mount it on the bottom and would like to know if that will create an issue.

Thanks for the help.

Joel

You will loose efficiency in the ac system because if the number 8 is on the bottom. The system would be trying to force the refrigerant uphill as it is cooling and changing to a liquid. Since the system already struggles to keep up with the heat in the passenger cabin I wouldn't suggest it.

Joel K

Supporter
You will loose efficiency in the ac system because if the number 8 is on the bottom. The system would be trying to force the refrigerant uphill as it is cooling and changing to a liquid. Since the system already struggles to keep up with the heat in the passenger cabin I wouldn't suggest it.

Thanks Allan, appreciate the info. Looks like I’ll have to move the splitter support bar down a little bit to get enough clearance between that and the #8 fitting on the condenser.

I'll second what Allan said; I had originally installed it the other way around and when I brought the car down to get my initial charge the guys saw the same thing and recommended I flip the condenser - I did.

Back