Confirm RCR40 Gauge Sizes?

I am in the waiting stage for my RCR40 and want to order some custom gauges to fill my anticipation gap. Can anyone confirm what the proper sizes are? For smaller vitals gauges I'm assuming they are 2-1/16"? What about tach and speedo - are they 3-3/8" or 4"? Thanks in advance.

Hi: Smiths gauges (I hope you choose them for originality) can be had from various sources. There you can learn about the specs: tach and speedo: 100mm; smaller ones (fuel, etc.) : 52mm.

also many of the Lucas switches were shared with production cars...
washer bottle, interior mirror, and brake/clutch fluid reservoirs are similar if not identical to the ones used in Jaguars (E-Type) of the period and can be had new

Howard Jones

Supporter
Take your time and try some pick your own colors, graphics, etc. I put a complete set in my SLC and no problems with them. You should call Fran and ask about speedo/tach sizes. I think the rest are 2 1/16.

Take your time and try some pick your own colors, graphics, etc. I put a complete set in my SLC and no problems with them. You should call Fran and ask about speedo/tach sizes. I think the rest are 2 1/16.

Yes, correct, I declined the RCR gauges in favor of something more correct like the SMITHS.

also many of the Lucas switches were shared with production cars...
washer bottle, interior mirror, and brake/clutch fluid reservoirs are similar if not identical to the ones used in Jaguars (E-Type) of the period and can be had new
Very helpful, did not know that. Thank you. I did plan on going with a SMITHS or that style, the only issue is I'd need a GPD compatible speedo and in my research I don't think they offer one.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I wonder if Speedhut would put the Smiths logo on their GPS Speedo. I know they offer custom graphics. Maybe call them.........

I wonder if Speedhut would put the Smiths logo on their GPS Speedo. I know they offer custom graphics. Maybe call them.........
That's exactly what I had in mind, my guess is that would get them in trouble, but worth asking. They have a gauge with the proper font style and now up to 200MPH.

Back