Cooling ewp & command center

Hi Paul,
most after-market ECU's will have an integral PWM controller that is required for these pumps. I'm currently building another '40 and the coolant system is setup for a Pierburg CWA400 pump. These pumps are used on main-stream products these days and this particula pump is used on BMw X3, W5 etc
Regards,
Andy

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
Pierburg was the first to manufacture electric water pumps for automotive cooling and they're used by a bunch of German OEM manufacturers. I also know multiple endurance race teams running LS engines that use them. The motor controller is built into the pump so all you need to provide is the the PWM signal. As Andy points most aftermarket ECUs have PWM outputs, but you need to figure who is going to implement the logic. It gets a little more complicated if you're not running a thermostat. I have MoTeC ECU and PDMs, so I'm going to implement the logic there. If I didn't, I wouldn't hesitate to use Tecomotive's controller. You can also remove the cap and weld inlet and outlet manifolds to it. From left to right:
  • Inlet:
    • Heater return
    • Fill / Coolant Expansion Tank
    • Radiator return
  • Outlet:
    • Left head
    • Right Head
IMG_1677.jpg

Back