Corner weights on SPF2214

The SPF MKI is up and running so it was time to put it on the scales.
MY CAV #56 weighed in at a porky 2840 lbs with me and 15 gals of gas and I thought the new car might be a lot lighter.
The body panels, seats and bellhousing, flywheel/clutch combo are all lighter on the SPF.

LF 513 RF 516 LF 562 RF 566

LR 662 RR 684 LR 730 RR 694

Total w/5 gals of gas plus the pilot

2375 2552

About 200 lbs lighter, same 347 w/iron Sportsman block and AFR aluminum heads, Weber carbs and ZF, 15" wheels.
FYI, Dave

Attachments

• PICT1958.JPG
    PICT1958.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 278
David, that seems awfully heavy for the CAV. I took my CAV (early mono) to the local dump and had the car weighed on the scales - with me and about 15 gals of gas she was 2,586. I'm about 200lbs. That was with an audi 016 which undoubtedly makes a difference. You sure that 2,840lbs is right?

Markus, you are correct, I had spaced all of that information out but when I sent the post it compressed it.
I used these same Longacre scales to weigh the CAV, the only difference is about 10 gallons of fuel.
Dave

Ian Clark

Supporter
Nice to see actual numbers, thanks Dave. Cliff, you could be that much lighter, the ZF before clutch, flywheel and bellhousing is 70lbs more alone. I believe Dave also had extra sound deadner on the floor and firewall, fire extinguisher system, five points harnesses and a huge remote oil cooler. It all ads up. The SPF cars will always be lighter.

Ian, that is all true, but I have added some sound deadner to the SPf, the fire system is not in nor the 5 pt harnesses.
We will weigh Cal's and get a better idea of a newer CAV's porkiness.
Dave

Back