Cruise control for drive by wire.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Found this today. Looks like there is another player in the aftermarket cruise control for LS3 engines. A forum member on LS1tech reported that he is using this cruise control system with his LS3 setup. Looking at their harness selection it looks like #5002550 would be the correct selection for the C6 Corvette or GMPP pedal.

Cruise Controls

Last edited:

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Interesting...both options mentioned in that thread mention plugging into the OBDII port to get the VSS signal. This means getting one of these aftermarket cruise controls to work would require finding a wheel mounted speed sensor (no provision in the transaxle for a VSS) that would work with the GMPP control box.

Interesting...both options mentioned in that thread mention plugging into the OBDII port to get the VSS signal. This means getting one of these aftermarket cruise controls to work would require finding a wheel mounted speed sensor (no provision in the transaxle for a VSS) that would work with the GMPP control box.

Some transaxles, like the Ricardo, do have a VSS. I haven't tried to make mine work with the GMPP controller yet, but I expect that the ECU could probably be programmed to work with the Ford pulse count.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I'll be working through that issue soon Will. My C6 Corvette gauge cluster needs to see that signal from the Ricardo VSS. I'll report the needed settings in HP Tuners once I get it set up accurately.

I'll be working through that issue soon Will. My C6 Corvette gauge cluster needs to see that signal from the Ricardo VSS. I'll report the needed settings in HP Tuners once I get it set up accurately.

My understanding- not verified- is that the number of pulses per mile can be programmed into the ECU using tools like HP Tuner. If so, and assuming the amplitude is OK, it should work fine. I'm hoping it does, anyway, as I hope to use an Android app that will use the speed PID for calculating stuff.

Please keep us posted!

Another option, though likely no different functionally than the ones mentioned, is from Spankys Rod Shop. It also requires the VSS from the ecm. Their system for our application is $500. I don't know if that's competitive or not.

A.J.

Back