CV's for Audi 016

CV\'s for Audi 016

Anyone using the 016 also using the stock Audi CV joints from the same application? I'm figuring they probably sized the CV's to handle the same loads that the tranny can take. Unless the 5000 series had weaker CV's and the higher output applications had stronger ones?

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Re: CV\'s for Audi 016

108mm units worked for me. I purchased these from Taylor Racing in Texas. I believe these are larger than Porsche 930 turbo units. I'm not sure what the stock units diameter is.

Neal - so you're using standard Audi 5000 CV's? Not too long ago I found a CAD model for a 930 CV and when I put it in my CAD model for the car I'm designing it's no bigger then the drive flange on the 016! Actually, I *think* the bolt circle is a tad smaller on the 930 CV. Just wasn't sure if maybe the ball cage was weaker on the Audi unit or something...

Neal

Lifetime Supporter

I used new non-Audi parts. My flanges had 94mm bolt circles and I had fairly tight clearance near my rear shocks so I went with narrow CV joint, OD 108mm, Width 32mm, 94mm bolt circle.

http://www.taylor-race.com/part.cfm?cate...ints%2C%20Lobro

Taylor provided the axles and boots. It was around $600 for the complete pair of axles. Heavy duty stuff.

I recall that there may be two different flanges for the 016. My was a 5N box. The new 3.17 box I put in recently had the same 94mm bolt circles. Could it be diesel vs. gas models?

Back