Danger b&b manufacturing

I wis this was going to be a good post but... I purchased a gt40 body and chassis from this company in November of 2010. I was told the chassis was specific for the body etc. With at least weekly contact they did not send the kit until August, 2010. When i got home from the freight company i found the body parts do not fit each other, the body is warped out of shape from sitting for years and the chassis does not fit the body. After speaking with Bryan Anderson, the owner, he agreed to take back the chassis. I said i would share the expense of it's return, please deposit the money in my account. "NO!, send me the chassis and when i sell it i'll send you the money". Of course i did not do that and we agreed he would pay the money in three months (november this year) and i would try to sell the chassis here in the Seattle area until then. He asked me to send him an E concerning the conversation in which he agreed to this and then did not acknowledge the E. Well, after several E mails and a phone call today... no money. So now i have waited a full year to work on my project, took him at his word and was patient untill now. Make of this what you will. If anyone on this forum has had any business whith this company i would sure like to know how they were treated. richard

I wis this was going to be a good post but... I purchased a gt40 body and chassis from this company in November of 2010. I was told the chassis was specific for the body etc. With at least weekly contact they did not send the kit until August, 2010.

It looks to me that they did rather well . Delivering the stuff ( Aug 2010) BEFORE the order was placed. ( Nov 2010 ) .:shocked:

Z.C.

That would be the GT45 on a tube frame from B&B Manufacturing in Granby, Missouri.
Never heard much other than the GT45 project had begun some time ago. Sorry to hear of a bad experience.

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
There are several good manufacturers out there with far more history behind their products. Very sorry to hear you've had this experience.

I have been on the Cobra Forum most of the afternoon and have had more than one contact from others with a bad B&B experience... sure wish i had done more homework and found GT40.com sooner... before i found this forum i looked into other manufacturers i found on line or in "kit car" and none would sell just a body...that was a while back and i didn't do a more current search...now i find there are several who would be more than happy too... more correct shape and quality workmanship... live and learn... just wish learning wasn't so expensive... If Bryan at B&B would just keep his word this would not have become the mess it is.

I have been on the Cobra Forum most of the afternoon and have had more than one contact from others with a bad B&B experience... sure wish i had done more homework and found GT40.com sooner... before i found this forum i looked into other manufacturers i found on line or in "kit car" and none would sell just a body...that was a while back and i didn't do a more current search...now i find there are several who would be more than happy too... more correct shape and quality workmanship... live and learn... just wish learning wasn't so expensive... If Bryan at B&B would just keep his word this would not have become the mess it is.

Richard, perhaps give Fran a try at RCR? He might know of a few half-built kits laying around somewhere that are in your price range. And, if they're RCR kits then you know you have something good to start with.

Sorry to hear of your troubles with B&B. My experience with such things is that the buyer should only release cash once the items for sale have been reviewed and accepted by the buyer as to represented condition. As the buyer you are, after all, in the driver's seat. Your money has no question about it as to its condition, whereas a seller needs to establish the purchased item is, in fact, as-represented. Cash and carry is always good.

Cheers!

Sorry to hear about your experience with B&B.
After looking at their website and their finished vehicles they have posted,
I would have gone with another manufacture.

Good catch on the date there Z.C. Being a bit mad at time of posting didn't help with that or the spelling.

Rich, yes, education is a VERY expensive thing to pay for....

Cliff, Oh how i have thought about that these past few months... by nature i'm a trusting guy and go out of my way to treat others fairly... if i had had the money i would have gone down there and taken a look for myself... hindsite... i guess it's the old addage... dont send what you can't afford to loose.... and gone it is.

Rich,
I've done a bit of fiberglass work as i'm in the marine industry and did notice the gaps a small animal could get through and planned on taking the body back to original specs anyway... the chassis was a last minute thing Bryan offered at a deep discount. If i could have seen in his pictures what i see in person i would have passed. The chassis is well built but not for this body. Anyone in the area is welcome to come by and have a look. It's for sale if someone has a project in mind... real good deal... Bryan won't even respond to my E mails anymore. I could spend what i have in to this in legal fees so i feel i have to walk away from the money. BUT i have been in contact with others on the Cobra Forum and have been told similar stories of bad product and bad service. I did contact an attorney in MO who did some checking and found a tax lean in March... seems he just doesn't have the money to pay me... if he had said that up front things would be different now... also the tax thing throws a new lite on why it took 8 months to get the kit... as an asside... i had a trucking co. on the way to get it, when they called to set a pick up time THEN i get a call... we have a pick up for tomorrow with another co... (only shipped when forced to???) i could still be waiting... Filed with the Attorney General in MO with Better Business and Consumer Protection to come... I am also posting on the Cobra Forum... if my situation can be a warning for someone else to take a second hard look at B&B then i would feel better... and if someone then chose not to buy from them... they at least lost as much as i did in this...i'm still open to being paid though. My advice, if anyone were to ask...DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH B&B MANUFACTURING, B&B COBRA, B&B ROADSTER... all same co i believe... Lesson learned MOVE ON.... boy that was cathartic.... time to go look at GT40 pics... richard

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE I have Wheels and Tires comming from Vince Burgos in Frisco and Chassis Plans from Darren George in England... located another body in Portland and have enough steel left over from other projects to start on a new chassis... i was thinking body color silver with gold accents anyone?anyone?

Quote Mk IV "Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"

Then I had lots and lots of experience at the age of 17 without ever having had the experience.

Z.C.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Sorry you got burned. Some of these lessons are very painful, and very expensive. You should sue the guy if you can, though, because with luck you might put him out of business and do the rest of the world a favor.

Jim, Great thought, I did get an attorney in MO who did some research and found he had a tax lean earlier this year, so it seems he has no money anyway.... my guess is he took my money and use it for other things...(i know he went on two vacations) like fun and taxes and then did'nt have the money to ship the kit for 8 months... never did get an explination for that.... so i figure my $ is gone but just me posting here and on Cobra Club forum i hope will make a few think twice before doing business with them....if they are on the edge with their business then perhaps nature will take it's course... and like Cliff suggests don't send $ before recieving and checking out the goods... had i to do it over again... small deposit with balance in escrow and a contract on delivery date with penalties for non delivery or quality... like Zollis says price of education... by the way... anyone on this fourm ever do business with them?? good or bad i'd like to know.. so... if anyone??? send me a pm...

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
"You think the education is expensive ?"--- consider the price of ignorance !;)
Every now and then (even with all that experience) an equaliser pops up to bite on the backside.:dead:
Best of luck with the new project True

Keith, That would be a big mistake... he is not worth going to jail for...i think it's better to just put the word out and let him feel the weight of his own actions. If he should happen to go out of business then every day he may have a moment when he wonders if... i just had not done that to True would i have had more business and still be working???

Chris, I'm not saying i haven't been ignorant but i am by nature a trusting guy and got it in the backside. Of course there is always hope he will wake up and do what is right by me and repent.

I have had a B&B in the past. It was a good quality cobra. Then the important "B" (Barry) left B&B and set up shop across the street. Now the company is crap and I wouldn't waste my spit on Brian Anderson. I had to go with a good friend of mine to retreive a Daytona Coupe from his shop. He made huge promises and in the end stole a bunch of parts of the Daytona and refused to complete the agreement.

What a waste of flesh! This is the type of crap that really sets our hobby back. I hope he gets what he deserves.

Back