Demist

Can people please post some pics up on how/what they've bonded in their demist vents please?

Currently deciding what to do

(yes before anyone keels over I have been working on the car,maybe 2018 might be the year lol)

Nick

Bronze Supporter
Hi Brett,

May be to late, and they are expensive, but have you thought of a heated front screen, SGT do them.

Hi Brett,
Presuming you mean the screen vent, it’s a coincidence that I’ve currently got my dash out for a few minor mods. I glassed in a tube to accept a flexi tube from the heater unit, however to make the system work, the exit from the vent needs guide plates to keep up the air velocity – see attached pics.

Regards,
Andy

Attachments

Morton, have you added the Tabs?
mine doesn't have the tabs but holes where your tabs are.
as far as I know its an original ford zephyr item and quite rusty.

The ones with the tabs were from early MKlll Zephyrs, the later MKllls (facelift models) had the ones without the tabs.

Hi Brett,
Presuming you mean the screen vent, it’s a coincidence that I’ve currently got my dash out for a few minor mods. I glassed in a tube to accept a flexi tube from the heater unit, however to make the system work, the exit from the vent needs guide plates to keep up the air velocity – see attached pics.

Hi Ryan,
I presume you're referring to the parts depictions drawings for the original vehicle, however I’ve not seen these listed
These are just some simple deflector plates up to fit below and original Zephyr grill, to keep the up the air velocity.
Regards,
Andy