Different Exhaust

Has anyone seen an exhaust set up like this before?

Attachments

• B452A0FA-6913-4508-8A41-AEF210DC132B.jpeg
    B452A0FA-6913-4508-8A41-AEF210DC132B.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 548

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I’ve seen similar, but not that exact design... It appears that the builder started with a set of motor boat headers and went from there...

The intake tube is going to make some real drone when the throttle is opened up!

1537291562543.png

Gelscoe chassisnumber 4, last weekend at Spa 6hrs, thursday during free practise with noise restriction.
It did do the trick as they were the only GT40 racing the whole day as others failed noise regulations.
Its running four mufflers, two inside & two outside.
According to the mecanics, no harm in performance.

During the 6hrs endurance race it was straight open.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
View attachment 94214
Gelscoe chassisnumber 4, last weekend at Spa 6hrs, thursday during free practise with noise restriction.
It did do the trick as they were the only GT40 racing the whole day as others failed noise regulations.
Its running four mufflers, two inside & two outside.
According to the mecanics, no harm in performance.

1537291562543-png.94214

During the 6hrs endurance race it was straight open.

My, my, my...isn't that attractive... o_O

My, my, my...isn't that attractive... o_O
I think it is great. Its still a GT40 ( Gelscoe not far off Genuine) If you wanna race and have fun without hassle this is the way to go.

If you wanna have a trailer queen that has to stay in the paddocks and not be able to drive or race the car, then don't.
I saw lots of efforts on other GT40 teams repacking and repacking and repacking over and over again to fail the noise test.

We are not living in the sixties anymore. Its 2018, things have changed and we still want to enjoy the GT40 so we might have to adapt.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I think it is great. Its still a GT40... If you wanna race and have fun without hassle this is the way to go...

Probably true...'not referring to/questioning that. LOOKS-wise (which is what I was referring to) it's far less than 'stellar' IMHO. Additionally, on the street those two mufflers would likely be history 'soon as they passed over/were backed over the 1st speed bump! (And, yes, I know - that's supposedly a track setup. ;-) )

Back