Dip Tube style fuel level sender

I am currently manufacturing the fuel tanks and have stumbled across a problem.

I have Stewart Warner Instruments fitted to the dash. which work on a resistance of 240 ohms to 33 ohms. this is where the problems start , Due to the fact I am using fire foam in the tank I dont really want to have to cut a large slot out of the foam to allow the float to move, so was planning to use the dip tube type senders that are available so that I only have a hole down through the foam. I can find these style senders for VDO instruments which have a different resistance range.

The question that I ask is, Do any of you guys on here know of a company that will supply these type senders with the SW resistance range?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Robin L

Robin,
You might not have noticed that the Centroid senders can be matched to whatever resistance you have in your guages. I have Stewart Warner and they work very well. You also have a third post off the sender that can go to a warning lite for low fuel level. This coould also be hooked into a buzzer or bell as well. You determine where you want it to come on with an adjustment or two. The high or full, and the Empty positions are adjustable as well. Easily done and very reliable.
Be sure to add baffles in the tanks as well. Accelerate and it will read full. Put on the brakes and it will read empty. A sump or trap doors around the pickup will help that a bunch. Put the sender in that area and it will even out the guage swings.

Bill

Back