distributor

I have been searching on the forum but can't find it

What is the 'best' distributor to use ?
I've got a 302 and planning to use a msd 6al with a 8000 rev limiter (8300rev n.a)

I did find a few on ebay but am not sure which one would fit the best

Any advice appreciated

Frank

I have had good luck with MSD distributors . Mine fit the GT40 well and has had no issues. Make sure your gear is suited for your cam

Like Chuck says, MSD has a good reputation. I happen to have a Mallory electronic distributor and it has always worked great with a simple Mallory rev limiter. Caps and rotors certainly are inexpensive for the Mallory.

8,000 is quite an impressive rev limit for a 302 of just about any configuration

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
a Mallory twin point and a rev limiter in your right foot is hard to beat. uncomplicated, easy to set up, easy to service, ultra reliable.

Frank,
I now have the MSD 8579 that will go in my engine. I did originally go for the 8582, but the 8579 is a smaller diameter and thus potentially easier to fit up against the bulkhead. Mine still has to be fitted though (as does the engine, and, and, and....)

Brett

Thanks
Chuck, which type of msd are u using ?
Cliff ,the max of the engine is 8300 revs just ask chas from world casting
Trevor,Ive seen a couple on ebay and a local site but with different numbers and i don't know the difference
Brett, I'll have a look (my engine is fitted but still not running in my car )

Frank

Back