Donington coming up

Check out our website for details of the Donington event.

Also try to get a copy of Classic and Sports Car this month. Paul Walton and Tony Hunt are featured along with a full GT40 article.

Just checking that the time on the track is on Saturday 16th as the form I had emailed to me says the show is open Fri/Sat/Sun in October ! I tried calling Dave Hensley but no reply, I'll try again tonight.
Also I heard 17 cars mentioned - who's going ?

You're OK Brian,Michael Fish has just told me there's not going to be a hurricane........

I'll be going, looks like the forecast is getting better all the time. ( That's the kiss of death for the weather then!)

See you there.

Hi - I am going Manchester M62 to Leeds then down the M1 to Donnington. Anybody want to meet up on the way?

Didn't get chance to say thank you to the lady who kindly made me several cups of coffee. She was the person who won the CAV from Dream Car. Thank you. It was a good turnout - good to see different cars and free entry is always a bonus.

The lady is Chris with her husband John, a good turn out, 13 car s in all including an MDAs first outing. we had 5 laps all behind a pace car. Had problems with my new camera, so can someone post some pictures please.
Paul drove srate of the M1and on to the track, perfect timing
Lee was riding shotgun with me in my car hope he will post his video
was thinking of organizing a track day at bruntingthorpe, is anyone up for it ?the cost would be about £30 an hour
regards Dick

Re: track day

I am very interested in a track day. I went on the GTD club trackday at Goodwood this year which was superb. Only 5 cars on the track at a time - maximum wait to get on the track was about ten minutes. I have been looking at other commercial trackdays and they state that there will be no more than 30 cars at once on the track! Spoke to one person who only lasted two laps in his GTD because it was so busy he was too worried about damaging his car.

I visited on Saturday, great event.

Picture of the scene attached
SteveB

Attachments

• Donnington.jpg
    Donnington.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 625
I hope to post a video sometime. Only issue is the video is in mov format, too big for website (34MB). I have Pinnacle 10, but it doesn't recognise .mov. How can I convert it to avi or something?

Didn't realise there was an MDA there. Which one?

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Lee

The software that comes standard with a Mac will translate to AVi

You then have to do the resize settings to get it down to e mailable size.

If you need to send me a copy on CD and I'll convert to Avi and mail out to e mail addresses (I'd also love to see the video)

Ian

Hey JPC_Bate - you would love Bruntingthorpe then as it is over 4miles round; you can TAXI a B52 bomber along it and on the 2mile main straight you can land 3 F16's at the same time - its a BIG track and i've been testing on it for 15 odd years with no problems.

I can go ahead and arrange a test day (so if the weather is bad we can cancel it easily) so you can choose exactly how long you want on the track and pay-as-you go, all the useual rules will apply; Helmits must be worn, full-cover clothing, insurance waver etc.

The first one would have to be a non-exclusive day but if there's enough interest i should be able to arrange exclusive days in the future.

Dick - definitely interested. Could probably get one or two others as well. More info'please.
JPC_BATE but you can call me John

Hi John
5-6 cars max; a Friday would be the best day for the full track. Next week 29th is not booked.
98 db standing, not all ways tested in the week, but tested at the weekend. Db monitor on the track side if you are too loud you will be called in.
Cost £50 pre hour or £150 ½ day all plus VAT. Payment made at the end of the
regards Dick

Dick - am not working that day and would love to go but no way can my car make 98db - 105db maybe.

Back