Engine Pre-lube

Does any one know what the plug dimension behind the alternator for pre-lubing an crate GM LS3 480HP is? I thought it was 14 MM but the socket Allen wrench to take it out is 17 MM. Thanks

Thanks Ken

In further investigation, the paperwork that came with the engine said to remove electrical power to the engine, put in oil and crank engine for 10 sec and look for oil pressure if no pressure wait 30 seconds and do again until you get pressure.

I guess I built a pre-lube tanks for nothing. Also, the location of the oil access must be right behind the alternator because the only access I see is the freeze plug. The engine is a crate 2014 GM engine that Fran told me they make some changes, like the oil pan.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I built one too. I still plan to use it though as it's the best method by far.

If you have a LS2/LS3 old oil pressure sensor kicking around you can gut it and just retain the bottom threaded portion. Drill and tap the center of it and you now have the correct M16x1.5 threaded fitting. I can post a couple of pictures for you if needed.

You can also buy this Autometer adapter https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/atm-2268/overview/

Last edited:
Back