Enzo replica

Attachments

• 1567_1.jpg
    1567_1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 485
I saw that exact car in Knoxville TN a about 6 months ago but the seller lives in CA. Either he went for a very long drive or there are two cars just like that.

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
Oh my....It's one thing to call it whatever it really is (to each his own about beauty), but to badge it as a Ferrari...any Ferrari, given how obvious it is not to even the casual observer....I think you could label any new owner as a "cheeseball". :)

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Oh my....It's one thing to call it whatever it really is (to each his own about beauty), but to badge it as a Ferrari

This is, IMHO, the primary reason Ferrari is so aggressive in protecting it's body styles from replication. This may be a one-off, and if so Ferrari probably won't bother this one builder, but rest assured if this party is going to make a habit of replicating any Ferrari product, he'll have the Ferrari lawyers to deal with, and they carry a mighty big stick in this endeavor.

Almost nobody markets a Ferrari kit, but to my understanding if one makes a product that eliminates one essential component of the original (such as the rear side window on the 246 Dino, as did Kelmark with their "GT" replica, they are not usually found guilty of copyright infringement. But, you are absolutely correct, had they badged the car as a Ferrari or referred to it as a Dino or a 246 replica, I suspect the Ferrari legal-eagles would have been all over them like white on rice.......

Of course, Ferrari COULD bring action against them and run them out of business simply through the cost of defending themselves against the accusations, which is not beyond the scope of reality considering Ferrari's aggressive nature in this matter. The end result would be the same.

Doug

What is really odd about these types of ''replicas'' is the massive effort put into them, yet they are still fugly. These guys could have designed an original car of thier own design that could have had a chance of looking better, but no....of course they would need sense of style to start with and if they had that they would not have slapped Ferrari and Enzo all over this thing.

Gack, where is my pepto?

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Uhhhh....I just vomited in my mouth:yuck:

I'm with Mesa...the amazing thing is the amount of effort that goes into creating something so damn ugly.

Personally if i was Ferrari i'd be ringing up the lawyers and having the creator for having the name Ferrari anywhere near that ugly piece of (add expletive here).

I saw a little while ago a bunch of Japanese guys turn a Honda NSX in to a sort of Ferrari F50 look alike... didn't look really that much like an F50 and destroyed a nice car in the process.... why oh why do people do this???

The crazy thing is that some of these cars, the money that goes in to them you could buy a second hand Ferrari for..... morons!!

Holy moley that is one fugly ass car.

If I were Ferrari I'd sue for defamation of character not copyright infringement.

When I finish my car it maybe a fugly POC but at least it'll be my fugly POC.

Why would you copy the Enzo anyway? It never was the best looking car IMHO.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
It is damn ugly, and what is interesting is someone bid on it... As it was said Beauty is in they eye of the beholder, remember they sold some of the Pontiac Aztec's, same sort of thing :laugh:

Sandy

People with taste that bad should be imprisoned. The funniest part is people are actually bidding real currency for that 'car'!!? I don't think I would give him a $10 bill out of my Monopoly game for that thing.

From the top rear it looks like a compact pickup with a tonneu cover, only after an accident that totalled the truck that a cow took a shi# on while it was waiting on the tow truck to haul it away, but only at night because he was too embarrased to tow it in the daylight hours.

Did he build it for a bet ? You know, "I bet I can build an uglier Ferrari replica than you can".. That sort of thing.
Maybe he has poor eyesight or poor perspective perception.
Maybe he has more money than taste or sense, or maybe, just maybe, he's on his way to the looney bin..:lipsrsealed:

Last edited:
Back