factory fuel pump for surge

Does anybody know if you can use the factory C5 fuel pump as a low pressure pump from fuel cell to surge tank (w/ a return to fuel cell). I haven't dug into mine yet but I'll part it out as a whole unit if I can't use it. Not familiar with the jet pump setup.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I personally don't use in tank pumps , basically from a maintenance
Perspective.
We use a wal bro low pressure feed pump and a Bosch 044 hp pump

I personally don't use in tank pumps , basically from a maintenance
Perspective.
We use a wal bro low pressure feed pump and a Bosch 044 hp pump

Ya I know the intank pumps are not ideal. I was actually going to use an intank HP pump also...lol. I wish Walbro would make the E85 450lph in an external pump. Its quieter then the bosch and you only need one for lower Hp cars. I think most everybody running E85 ends up running a second 044 and Bosch previously said running it voids the warranty and usually only good for 500 hrs. Though I think they've taken that off the website...not sure if that's changed. But 2 pumps is $$. scratch that 3 pumps if I get an external LP pump also. I'll have to think that over.

When it comes time I'll likely use that GSL392 lift pump along with the AEM 380lph in-line pump along with 50# EV6 injectors. Should be sufficient for E85 on Cam only LS1.

Here's that AEM...fairly good price. Thanks for the help.
AEM Pump

I have done similar set ups on other cars. You can use the stock pump as it can flow alot more than rated at freeflow. It will also take a little load off the larger secondary pump, making it pump more than advertised at 50psi.
I was planning this set up on the final fuel system in my car. Run the return from your rails into surge tank, then vent surge back to main tank. Run the vent back low in tank and the surge tank could always be the lowest point.

Back