Flywheel and crank bolt holes mismatch

Guys,
Hit my first issue in my build (which at moment is limited to engine assembly as chassis and parts not due until later this year).
Whilst doing a mock up of my engine parts I found that only 5 of the 6 flywheel bolt holes match up with the crank.
Do I need a new flywheel or can anything be done to my current arrangement to make it safely usable (bearing in mind engine is planned to have just under 500hp mated today a ZFQ transaxle)???

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
The bolt holes are offset to ensure the flywheel is attached in the correct orientation to allow the correct placement of the balancing weight / metal removal

Rotate it one hole at a time and at one point they should all line up

Ian

Mike Pass

Supporter
The one hole offset idea is to ensure that 28oz type flywheels are orientated correctly. Not strictly needed with neutral balance flywheels. Make sure all rotating assemblies are carefully balanced and use ARP bolts.
Cheers
Mike

Ian & Mike thank you very much for your time and help.
I will be more careful in the future not to waste your valuable time with dumb ass questions like this.
Yes, the orientation is only one way in order to avoid dumb asses like me putting it on wrong.......I knew this. Apologies again and thank you.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Ian & Mike thank you very much for your time and help.
I will be more careful in the future not to waste your valuable time with dumb ass questions like this.
Yes, the orientation is only one way in order to avoid dumb asses like me putting it on wrong.......I knew this. Apologies again and thank you.
No such thing as a dumb ass question

Now a dumb ass answer is another thing! :)

Back