Flywheel Bolt Pattern/dimensions?

I am currently machining a new flywheel for my 302, does anyone know what the PCD dimensions are for a standard 28oz 302 flywheel? I know one of the holes is offset? but by how much?

Thanks,
BC

I know one of the holes is offset? but by how much?
It's not one hole that is offset, it's all of them. If the flywheel is not indexed correctly, all the holes will be off, except one. Some will be close, but not an exact match.

Sorry John,

you have me confused... we are talking about the bolts that attach the flywheel to the crankshaft? if so I thought 5 of the 6 bolt holes were equally spaced and one was out of position? so you can only attach the flywheel in one place?

the question still stands, what is the PCD of these bolts and what is the position of the 6th bolt, the one that is not equally spaced?

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
My 351 was spaced as you state Brian. Is the 302 bolt pattern the same as 351? (I haven't been around any Yank V8's long enough to know what's what yet :eek: )

I think Lim will still have the info somewhere from when we built our 351 flywheels.

The other thing is that it will need to be indexed to your balance weight position. We used neutral balance so it didn't matter for us and I wont have that information.

Let me know if what I've got will be any use to you.

Last edited:

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
6 holes to suit 7/16" bolts on 3" PCD ---One hole at 64 deg (ie 60,60,60,60,56,64 ) approx. opp the counterweight looking from the clutch side of the flywheel.
---secret info , hope this helps ;)

221/260/289/302/351/400/ windsor/cleveland/ & 351/400 m series all share same flywheel bolt pattern along with 200/250 aust 6cyl and 240/300 USA 6cyl and if your looking for a 'small' dia flex plate to sandwich between your tilton clutch assy & flywheel the Aussie HOLDEN 202 auto flexplate has the same bolt pcd BUT the 'odd' bolt is staggered in the wrong direction (RF fixable ):)

Back