For Sale: SL-C Race Tail (original version)

I have the original rear clip for sale. Space is limited in my workshop and need to get rid of this before I order the street tail I need.
The clip is uncut/undrilled/unmolested and has the original white gelcoat as supplied from RCR.

I'm asking $1750 + shipping.
Buy this now as a spare because I know someone will need it after backing the rear of their car into a tire-barrier/house/bystanders etc.

What does this cost from RCR? Can you give me the dimensions, weight, and your zip code so that I could look up the freight cost.

Chris,
I don't think you can buy that piece as a stand alone part, therefore there is no pricing available that I know of.

Well, considering the street tail version is a $3000 option, I think the price I'm asking is pretty reasonable. I'm sure Fran would just as easily sell a replacement race tail version but I'd imagine the pricing would be in line with the street tail version, less brackets etc. All that said, I did not check with Fran to see what his pricing is.

Fwiw, there are no hinges or brackets included with mine, though I will include the factory supplied aluminum diffuser as I would have no need for it with the street tail. This part is also unmolested. I'm sure after backing the car into a barrier of some sort that a poor bloke would also need the diffuser.

My zip code is 94116 and dimensions are roughly 6' x 5' x 1.5' and weight is about 75 pounds... definitely less than 100 lbs.

Note: DO NOT class the clip as fiberglass since it will cost WAY more. Describe it as an aluminum or steel hood or something.

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Be sure to consider the weight of the crate. My street tail was delivered on an over-sized wood pallet with wood framing (not an enclosed box) to protect the fiberglass and hold the tail in an upright position. It was heavy. I don't think you'd want to ship the bare shell without some form of crate.

Dave L

Thanks Dave.

To be clear, the clip will be framed with 2x2's and sheeted with 1/4" - 3/8" plywood to secure and protect the clip. It will be plenty strong. I've shipped things like this before using this method and it offers the lightest, cheapest, and most secure method I can do from home.

I wasn't just going to tape a layer of bubble-wrap and hope for the best :drunk:

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Dave.

To be clear, the clip will be framed with 2x2's and sheeted with 1/4" - 3/8" plywood to secure and protect the clip. It will be plenty strong. I've shipped things like this before using this method and it offers the lightest, cheapest, and most secure method I can do from home.

I wasn't just going to tape a layer of bubble-wrap and hope for the best :drunk:

Dave - That sounds like a very good plan. The framing on the pallet I received was wrapped in plastic that did not hold up well to the shipping process. 1/4" sheathing should work fine and keep the weight to a minimum.

Regards,
Dave L

Back