Ford GT transaxle

Ford GT original equipment 6 speed transaxle listed in the 2006 Ford Performance parts book page 126, dealer sugested retail is $14,500us, Wayne

And for considerably less than $14,000 plus mine will bolt right in. Now if I only had the 550HP to go with it!! Thank you Mach 1 Transmissions!!

I am getting a newly rebuilt UN-1 Renault from Chris Cole at Mach 1 Transmissions. It has a new one piece main shaft with a 2.66 1st and a 1.75 2nd plus a Quaife ATB and a .756
fifth gear for highway cruising. We are using a 3.44 ring and pinion.

The Renault is not available in the US...so most US
builders are using the Audi or Porsche G50.
The G50 is much stronger..but more expensive.

As mentioned above...upgrades are available for the
Renault...but in the US ...if starting from scratch you'd be better off with an Audi or G50. The Porsche 930
is also very strong...but only (4) speeds.
The ZF is a good box...but $$$$.

MikeD

That is what I was thinking too, but before I bought anything I want to explore all on my $$$ options...
Does anyone know where I can get a Porsche set up for less than 10k???

Rufazz,
You might consider talking to the guys at German Auto Dismantlers. They are located in Clevland Ga. I get their "newsletter" informing of new arrivals. They also have parts on Audis, BMWs, Volkswagen, and Mercedes as well. Last time I talked to one of their guys was about rebuilding a 930 and that was several months ago. Seems one of them is a 930 nut. Anyway they could put you on the right path.Try their site:

web page
They have a bunch of salvage and parts cars to choose from. Some old and some new that were totaled for insurance reasons.
BTW, where in Atlanta are you located. Myself, Joe, and Chip are out toward Stone Mtn. Drop me an email and maybe we can hookup and talk 40s. Joe's(CAV) is currently for sale. He is located in Lawrenceville. Mine(DRB#5)is about 60% complete and should be finished by summer. I am out Hwy78 just behind Stone Mountain. Chip's(Sabre?) should be finished soon as well. He lives off Scott Blvd. You are welcome to drop by and see the progress.(Got any TIG welding skills?)
If you or anyone is interested in the Renault, I have a line on a Lotus Turbo Esprit unit.

Bill

Back