Ford GT40 Anthology - due 20th October 2021

Done, I finished reading the book.
Absolute fantastic read.
Reading a chapter raises questions, which will be answered in the next chapter and so on.
It kind of jumps between topics, but in the end it all becomes very clear.

Very informative about the history of the GT40 mk1 race cars, the mk1 road cars, the mk3 road cars, the mk4 and the GT40 mk5.
Very interesting chapters about several specific GT40’s.
Lots of facts and I see a lot of questions asked previously on this forum answered in this book.

It only doesn’t contain the mk2 which in my opinion makes the book incomplete. I would have loved to read about the seven mk2a and b models.

My favorite.
Quote: there I was in my trusty Ford Capri, driving on the “wrong” side of the road, and doing my best to keep up with Berchers’ VW Golf as they hurtled along some awfully narrow French country lanes…..
What Capri was that?

I still own nine Capri’s (one is to be sold next month) and did a lot of driving on the for me “wrong” side of the road in a Ford Capri whilst on holiday in the UK till just before the pandemic started.
The UK also has some awfully narrow country lanes.

So thank you for this great book. It’s one of those books that I started reading, couldn’t not stop reading and got me hooked till the end.

Thank you for your kind words JP, I'm very happy that you enjoyed reading it.

We would have liked to include the MkIIs but we simply didn't have enough pages; I had to drop some really good chapters and I know that John had to drop some as well. You will get to read them eventually as John and I are working on another project ;)

The reference to the Capri is from one of John's chapters; if you look you will see that our respective chapters are colour-coded.

Regards,

Graham.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Lifetime Supporter
I also received mine the other day. Took 4 weeks exactly. Unfortunately it was left out in the freezing rain and ice for approximately 12 hours. I found it laying on my deck when I came home from work. BUT, fortunately Veloce packed it extremely well and it was undamaged. Excellent packaging on their part. Not really impressed with the United States Postal Service however.
It is and excellent read.

Thank You!!!!
Regards Brian

I also received mine the other day. Took 4 weeks exactly. Unfortunately it was left out in the freezing rain and ice for approximately 12 hours. I found it laying on my deck when I came home from work. BUT, fortunately Veloce packed it extremely well and it was undamaged. Excellent packaging on their part. Not really impressed with the United States Postal Service however.
It is and excellent read.

Thank You!!!!
Regards Brian
Thanks Brian.

Regards,

Graham.

Shaun

Supporter
Got mine last week for that price its a stunning deal, bit weight heavy for a bed time read :) :)
Superb quality print, loads of images and the content looks first rate

The excitement is building. I ordered mine Jan 11th as I wanted to be back home when it arrived and not away on holidays. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Ryan